Dvla 😩

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , well after a long wait I finally saw a brown envelope from the dvla arrive , excitement was short lived tho as it was a notice of rejection of my application .
😤
The grounds were that the “original “ non uk registration document was not provided. So now got to send a letter explaining why , I never had the original as the us vendor had to return it to the authorities and sent me a copy of the basic tear off section of it. they also want evidence of shipping which the shippers have forwarded to me . proof of age which thanks to Mark Eaton at the club I now have so I have to re apply. I am hoping that as I at least have a reference no now that it wont go to the start of the process all over again. Anyone else had a knock back first time around?
any other advice on anything else people have included in their application appreciated.
only good thing is that is so wet on the roads in cornwall I am not missing much driving time.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I was lucky , well apart from the usual DVLA faffing about mentioned at beginning of this thread . I had a letter from Vintage Vehicle Services based in Ontario , Canada who log documentation of General Motors products . It gave production date at the St. Louis plant so I sent DVLA a copy as I fully expected a full on argument with them as car only came to the UK in 2016 . Thankfully they could not reject that as proof of age .