Ecklers Shipping Rates

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
Is it me or have Ecklers massively increased the postage costs recently?
I've just costed some window trim - very light weight - and an under hood insulation mat, and they have quoted $147. Nearly as much as the parts :rolleyes:
Never seemed this much a few years ago

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I haven't used Ecklers for a few years now, but back when I did I not only always spoke to the same girl, but also always asked for stuff to go out US Postal Service. But on the last order, the girl told me that Ecklers were no longer using USPS because there was a problem for them with insurance, so it had to come by one of the couriers - UPS, FeEx etc. That was a massive price jump, and it played a part in me using other options these days (Corvette Kingdom as often as not!)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I’ve just ordered a camshaft from Summit. It’s coming iParcel which is UPS and postage was $26.

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
They are probably making more profit on the shipping than the parts 🤔
Rock Auto use FedEx Consolidated and their rates are much more realistic. Unfortunately although they say "all the parts your car will ever need" they don't seem to supply the bits I want:cry:

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Is it me or have Ecklers massively increased the postage costs recently?
I've just costed some window trim - very light weight - and an under hood insulation mat, and they have quoted $147. Nearly as much as the parts :rolleyes:
Never seemed this much a few years ago
Ive bought quite a few bits recently but don't tell the wife :), i found Corvette Kingdom very reasonable even comparing with parts from the states by the time you add the postage, don't you also pay import tax?, he keeps a lot of the popular stuff in stock too.

Roscobbc

Wasn't there a 'ceiling' for duty? - seems to recall anything more than £100 or so qualified for duty - anything below didnt?

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
I live in Norfolk and I pass Corvette Kingdom twice a week so I just call Scott and he has it ready for me so I save on postage. Not sure though with it being so handy it’s far too easy to pop in and spend a load. 😂😂

Vettemike09

Committee Member
The actual problem is that there are fewer planes crossing the Atlantic so demand is outstripping supply so prices go up. Even shipping by sea it is still the same issue and takes weeks longer.

R

Rogueone

The actual problem is that there are fewer planes crossing the Atlantic so demand is outstripping supply so prices go up. Even shipping by sea it is still the same issue and takes weeks longer.

Last edited by a moderator: