Euro Road Trip Idea's

Andy76

Regular user
I just had a quick scan and couldn't find anything on the forum as a quick reference for places in Europe worth seeing on a road trip.
I'm planning a trip next year. I've a few roads and landmarks to hit along the way, motoring and non motoring but before firming up plans thought it would be good to see what others recommend. Idea's could also include events, motoring and non motoring, favored hotels with parking suitable for cars etc

So in the hope this may generate some interest and may be useful for others. I've thrown a couple of idea's in for starters and will populate as I go, hopefully people can edit and add to table once it posted (first time trying this) and may find it useful. If there's a better way to collate the info feel free to chip in with suggestions

CountryRegion/Town/Road/AddressLandmark/EventAccommodation/HospitalityWebpageWhat3words locationGeneral Comment
Austria
Belgium
FranceReims - Gueux D27Historic Road Circuit Track Pit///congratulations.waddled.trooper
France17 Rue de la Mertzau, 68100 Mulhouse, FranceSchlumpf Museum
Germany
Holland
Italy
Luxemburg
SwitzerlandFurkapassBelvedere Hotel///sheds.length.quietlyLandmark
SwitzerlandFurkapassIce Tunnels ///sheds.length.quietlyLandmark Park at Belvedere Hotel
SwitzerlandGrimselpassGrimselpass Overlook///showdown.severe.sticks

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Basically any of the passes going over the mountains in Switzerland. Fantastic views. Done a number of Euro Trips many years back with another car club. Stevlio Pass is always good. Oh and don't forget the lakes in north Italy - Lake Garda etc. Mont Blanc tunnel is interesting to go through as its so long.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Having toured quite extensively sur la continant over the years ( not in the Vette though ) the possibilities are endless but definitely agree with CaptainK . The Italian Lakes are stunning , especially Como . A boat trip privides by far the best views and the ferry`s criss cross the lake with a very regular service to all the waterside towns and villages . Bellagio is stunning and you could always drop in at the Villa D`este in Como if your pockets are deep enough. Especially when the concours d`elegance is on !!!
Just beware of the local drivers .:eek:

Andy76

Regular user
Did Como and Bellagio by boat a few years ago, was cracking. Likely aiming to get to Tuscany as a 'turning' point in the loop. Just hope fuel prices continue to drop....

Oneball

CCCUK Member
CountryRegion/Town/Road/AddressLandmark/EventAccommodation/HospitalityWebpageWhat3words locationGeneral Comment
Austria
BelgiumGhentGreat city better than Bruges in every single way. Fab hotel with secure undrgorund parkingNice stop off if you get ferry to Dunkirk and go east to Switzerland you can miss the French tolls
BelgiumSpa FrancochampsGo watch a race
Self catering chalets, where Team Lotus used to stay
Most of the circuit is no longer a public road
FranceReims - Gueux D27Historic Road Circuit Track Pit///congratulations.waddled.trooper
France17 Rue de la Mertzau, 68100 Mulhouse, FranceSchlumpf Museum
www.musee-automobile.fr

Musée National de l'Automobile à Mulhouse - Collection Schlumpf

Le Musée National de l’Automobile situé à Mulhouse détient la plus importante collection automobile du monde réunissant plus de 450 voitures d’exception.
www.musee-automobile.fr
www.musee-automobile.fr
FranceMetzGood stop off point, nice town
Nothing amazing but has parking and good for the night
FranceColmarGood stop on way to Switzerland
FranceBordeuxGood stop on way to riviera, get ferry to Normandy
FranceCarcassonneFairy tale town
ItalyAostaFoot of the Alps
Spain
State run luxury hotels
Luxemburg
SwitzerlandFurkapassBelvedere Hotel///sheds.length.quietlyLandmark
www.thetravel.com

The Swiss Alp's Hotel Belvedere Is So Iconic It Starred In James Bond

The Hotel Belvedere may be closed, but it remains a stunning structure by the Swiss glacier, speaking of a bygone time.
www.thetravel.com
www.thetravel.com
SwitzerlandFurkapassIce Tunnels

Eisgrotte | Belvédère

www.gletscher.ch
///sheds.length.quietlyLandmark Park at Belvedere Hotel
SwitzerlandGrimselpassGrimselpass Overlook///showdown.severe.sticks
SwitzerlandSchilthorn, where On Her Majesty's Secret Service was filmed Spentd the day doing all the stops on the cable car, dont just go to the top.
Best toilets in the world, I wont spoil the surprise
SwitzerlandGrindlewaldGreat base for Schilthorn, Eiger, Jungfrau
France OrangeFavourite town in France, Mount Ventoux is local

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
We did Italy in the C5 in 2013. After arriving in Livorno (nothing special) we did Pisa for lunch for lunch, the leaning tower is well worth seeing. We then drove north to Brescia, an ideal base for a trip to the Mille Miglia Museum, Lake Garda, & a train ride to either Venice or Milan. Booked a one night stay in Cortina after driving 'The Great Dolomites Road', this would've been spectacular but low cloud & rain spoilt it. Next morning in Cortina was superb, views were amazing. Driving back down to Brescia was excellent, taking in Verona on the way. Motorway service stations in Italy we found to be of a very high standard, impressive. If you have the time Lake Como is fantastic, on a later trip (without the Vette) we stayed in Varenna, ferries to other towns on the lake (as mentioned above) are a great way of seeing more towns & views.
If you think it'd be of any use you could PM me & I'll send the article I wrote for Vette News after our trip.

Andy76

Regular user
Thanks folks, all good info. I had hoped the table could have been updated easily and been useful reference for people in the future but doesn't look like that plan worked. I will see if there is another way of doing something as I plan my route.

PM incoming Five Red

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
These are driving tours arranged by Scenic Car Tours www.sceniccartours.com Bunch of us - maybe 10 Corvettes from the NW region are using this Co. for the Isle of Man trip next September for the 70th year of Corvettes. All images below are 2022 prices..20220922_162257_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20220922_162313_resized.jpg
    20220922_162313_resized.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220922_162324_resized.jpg
    20220922_162324_resized.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220922_162333_resized.jpg
    20220922_162333_resized.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220922_162341_resized.jpg
    20220922_162341_resized.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 1

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Went on a 4 day trip to Tuscany driving someone else's classic cars. Breath taking scenery, food and hotels

20160414_132149_001_resized_1.jpg
It was a freebie and all arranged by a supplier we use so I don't have details unfortunately.. never thought to make notes