Euro UA2 option Intrusion sensor

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
Anyone with a EURO (export) model with the UA2 rpo??
I need to know how to turn this Intrusion sensor off - I have found some threads which suggest there is a switch on the instrument cluster but cant find a picture of this
The owners manual does not even mention the intrusion sensor
Dash cones up with INTRUSION SENSOR ON and the car wont crank (I don have the car with me )
I am supposed to be the expert - but I am flummoxed atm
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Keith Beschi

rubyragtop

Committee Member
Hi Keith, if you are talking about a C7, I have found a post on Corvette Forum which might help. It mentions about problems with arming the system but also shows a picture of the switch that disarms the system, albeit temporarily. (thread number 10)

Hope it helps

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
Hi Keith, if you are talking about a C7, I have found a post on Corvette Forum which might help. It mentions about problems with arming the system but also shows a picture of the switch that disarms the system, albeit temporarily. (thread number 10)

Hope it helps
Thanks but it is a c6 2007. Hence its in the c6 forum. Any help appreciated. With this no crank c6

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
Thanks but it is a c6 2007. Hence its in the c6 forum. Any help appreciated. With this no crank c6

Hi Keith, mine puts the intrusion sensor on when I put it in reverse.
Maybe this switch is faulty.
I have never come across a switch to turn it off on the inside of the car and I have had it apart a couple of times.
It's a 2007 Stratstone Z06.

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
Hi Keith - As Jonny says (above) the defeat switch is located in the glove box. The actual Intrusion Sensor is mounted top-centre of the windscreen. (Source reference: GM Service Manual, Vol. 3, Sect. 13 Page 174.)
Call me on 01256-764193 if you'd like me to talk you through the diagnostics text in more detail.
J.C. (1911)