Expert help

HJG

Well-known user
Sorry can't specifically help but will note that these represent a great deal of car for the money. You could spend the same amount on a new Mondeo.

Roscobbc

With a relatively short supply of C6's (and especially LS3's) you'll struggle to find many out there for sale - registration number seems familiar (perhaps previously owned by CCCUK on a different car?) Looks a nice car but creeping towards C6Z06 money perhaps?

Rich

Administrator
There's not a lot unusual about a C6 compared to a "normal" car. Corrosion not a problem. Check panel fit and paintwork. Check for leaks etc. Check the harmonic balancer which can be a weak point. Generally very reliable but need the battery to be in tip top condition. This is a US spec car so a carfax check is recommended. As you are a mechanic I don't think you will miss anything.
This car is fully optioned and certainly seems to be worth a look.

Dave007

Regular user
Thanks for all your replies its getting more helpful by the minute, I have dealt in Peugeot cars all my life as a self employed Mechanic since i started out on my own in 1984 but had lots of more unusual cars in my younger years and always wanted a Corvette ! just dont know much about them other than they look the business!! so any help in what's needed on them on a regular basis, are they easy to get to into regarding general servicing work, what does the carfax check go into? and obviously nice to know any known faults to look out for if I am paying out 27K for a car. REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU GUYS ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS HERE

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Nice looking car and rare with the 4LT option. As Rich says, its a US spec car. According to the advert it has a CarFax report. It also has the Z51 brakes/suspension package which was standard on UK & Euro mainland cars. Another plus point. Would I pay £28k for it? - No. £25k maybe? This club members 2007 UK spec LS2 Victory Edition was for sale in August for (circa) £18.5k.
2007 Victory Edition C6 For Sale in Sussex

Dave007

Regular user
Very interesting ! Yes I spotted the carfax report on the advert ! We’re done of these cars actually kitted got the uk market then re the z51 kit you mention? Would this have been an order item when this guy bought it originally in the states, as it says he bought it and imported it over straight away by all accounts !
anither question is this problem I see they have with the crank pulley as I would call it ( harmonic balancer as described on here) this looks like a very expensive be job as it pretty but from what I can see ?
thank you for your thoughts and advice !

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Would this have been an order item when this guy bought it originally in the states, as it says he bought it and imported it over straight away by all accounts !
Yes, Z51 package was an orderable option on a new car in the US, UK/Euro spec C6s had it fitted as "standard." Advert doesn't say whether it has a solid or transparent/see thro' roof panel, or both which was also a US option.

Last edited:

Dave007

Regular user
Harmonic Balancer [Crank pulley in my terms] problems !!! anyone know what sort cost this is as it looks like its a bit of a nightmare to do unless you know what your doing on these beasts, anyone had one replaced recently?

Dave007

Regular user
I am not signing up yet to the owners club [as I dont own one yet lol] but obviously would if I manage to find the right car! this one I am looking at is a long way off and real pity as we cant travel that far at the moment for obvious reasons ! best paces to look for cars for sale ?? I would be willing to pay a good price for a lovely genuine car with low mileage!!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Harmonic Balancer [Crank pulley in my terms] problems !!! anyone know what sort cost this is as it looks like its a bit of a nightmare to do unless you know what your doing on these beasts, anyone had one replaced recently?
Don't know how widespread that problem is on LS3s, if at all. Ian Goss in Surbiton looks after a lot of C6s down Surrey way. Have a word with him?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks for all your replies its getting more helpful by the minute, I have dealt in Peugeot cars all my life as a self employed Mechanic since i started out on my own in 1984 but had lots of more unusual cars in my younger years and always wanted a Corvette ! just dont know much about them other than they look the business!! so any help in what's needed on them on a regular basis, are they easy to get to into regarding general servicing work, what does the carfax check go into? and obviously nice to know any known faults to look out for if I am paying out 27K for a car. REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU GUYS ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS HERE

A life long Peugeot man eh ? I know who to call if need help with another of our toys :DDSCF2039.JPG Search

Dave007

Regular user
Not always Peugeot’s 🤣👍

Attachments

• FC70F620-5E55-47BF-BD29-FD80F6B8D5E2.jpeg
    FC70F620-5E55-47BF-BD29-FD80F6B8D5E2.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 052E2F22-407C-478E-A693-ABF7912F8785.jpeg
    052E2F22-407C-478E-A693-ABF7912F8785.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3C1A4FF5-4508-4D5A-9922-151A53F208DB.jpeg
    3C1A4FF5-4508-4D5A-9922-151A53F208DB.jpeg