First car meet with my new C6...

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
I think they were pilot sports, but the rears were 4 years old, almost no grip in the wet. Having the fresher Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetric 3 tyres fitted that J peviously had on my Camaro. They only had 5 months / 6k miles of use on them.

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
V

Vetteheadtony

Not really, I’m in more desperate need of a code reader for airbag and abs codes! My current one only does engine stuff 🙁
I’m in Essex and have a Tech 2 if that’s any help I will happily plug it in for you👍🏻
Call me 07816878892 Tony

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Not really, I’m in more desperate need of a code reader for airbag and abs codes! My current one only does engine stuff 🙁
Hi Gavin, I'm in Wiltshire (j17 M4) and have a Tech2 if that's any good for you to borrow? I've only used it once so far to flush the abs system.

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
Hi Gavin, I'm in Wiltshire (j17 M4) and have a Tech2 if that's any good for you to borrow? I've only used it once so far to flush the abs system.
That’s a kind offer. When is a good time to pop down? I work in Filton, so could take an hour or two off work to pop up?

Slick

Well-known user
It was slipping 3rd to 4th I didn't have the Diablo tune put on it , it probably had a few owners since I owned it

gavinfdavies

Well-known user
I still need to go through all the paperwork. Full power shifts are vicious, breaks traction and tries to Mustang me into the kerb. My last 4l60e was normal. I suspect the rebuild involved bypassing the leaky hydraulic pressure regulator, meaning that it just hits the shift solenoid with full pump pressure, which increases with line pressure. A good way to shock load a trans and damage stuff. Common bubba trick to give ‘firmer shifts’...

Slick

Well-known user
I still need to go through all the paperwork. Full power shifts are vicious, breaks traction and tries to Mustang me into the kerb. My last 4l60e was normal. I suspect the rebuild involved bypassing the leaky hydraulic pressure regulator, meaning that it just hits the shift solenoid with full pump pressure, which increases with line pressure. A good way to shock load a trans and damage stuff. Common bubba trick to give ‘firmer shifts’...
Yes, it definitly wasn't like that during my ownership