Flipping C8 2024 E-Rays already

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
A very loaded 2024 E-Ray Convertible wearing VIN 018, and it’s already been flipped to a pre-owned dealership in Michigan where it’s being offered for more than $240,000 over MSRP.

Originally delivered to Feldman Chevrolet of Novi in Novi, Michigan, this 2024 Corvette E-Ray Convertible has only 354 miles on the odometer, and it’s very nicely optioned with a Torch Red exterior and a 3LZ Adrenaline Red interior.

The car’s window sticker seen below and can see the original buyer had loaded the car up with Carbon Flash-painted Carbon Fiber wheels, visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Nacelles and Roof, and Bright Red brake calipers.
Other options include the ZER Performance Package, Black Exhaust Tips and a bunch of little stuff to make the MSRP on this HTC come in at $147,685.

A Flipped E-Ray with less than 400 miles is now being sold by DM Motors in Walled Lake, Michigan with an eye-popping selling price of $389,995.plus tax

That’s $242,310 more than the MSRP of the car, and anyone who buys this E-Ray will be without a factory warranty due to GM’s toothless anti-flip rule that only punishes the next owner.

Also notice the fuel mileage and EPA ratings are not good at all
That 300 pounds plus more than a Z06 is not going to be a gas saver

eraysticker.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Cost estimates at $4.30 per US gallon, which is 3.78541 litres, which means your fuel cost in litres is about $1.14 per litre. In UK pounds that is £0.90 per litre currently. Oh how I wish we had petrol at 90 pence per litre. I'd drive the Vette A LOT more often :cool:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Cost estimates at $4.30 per US gallon, which is 3.78541 litres, which means your fuel cost in litres is about $1.14 per litre. In UK pounds that is £0.90 per litre currently. Oh how I wish we had petrol at 90 pence per litre. I'd drive the Vette A LOT more often :cool:
Yeah , and the Yanks think they are hard done by . In the UK we get well and truly screwed !!!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Per Gallon.
That makes your gas £2.49 / gallon in our money but your gallons are 0.8327 of our Imperial Gallons . Still a lot cheaper than UK prices .
Around where I live it is 148.9 pence per litre which equates to £6.76 per gallon . And 99 RON gas is even more expensive !! I run my C3 on low ethanol content 99 RON so a tank full of gas ( which I need on next trip out ) will cost me £143 .60 :eek: :cry:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I run my C3 on super unleaded too. I just hand over my card and don't look at the cost...... and just don't drive it as much, which is a shame. :cry:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I run my C3 on super unleaded too. I just hand over my card and don't look at the cost...... and just don't drive it as much, which is a shame. :cry:
Took the C3 out today for its first run since last October and to get a tank full of gas on the way . £90.92 `s worth of BP Ultimate 97 RON and a dose of Lucas Ethanol Protection put in for good measure . It`s always great to have that first blast up and down the A5 after the winter hibernation and doing the annual service and oil change . The fill up cost me £10 more than a tank of standard E10 fuel but the smiles per mile this morning was worth more than that tenner . :D
And the sun came out too ! :cool:

Roscobbc

With the near 600 hp of my C3 I typically get comments like "how many gallons to the mile" etc and then incredulous looks when understanding it's 8 litre will 'squeeze' 15/16 mpg on cruise. For me, on a rapidly devaluing state pension the carefree days of just going out for a drive in the Vette essentially have to be a planned and carefully considered event. Even using our 45 mpg urban daily driver with the cost of gad is becoming a financial headache!

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
My highly modified 1999 C5 pushing 500 HP/Tq even with a lower 3.73 rear end gear and heaver 335/30/18 tires
Gets over 31 MPG on highway and around 20 MPG city and passes SMOG testing

Compare that to the C3s I owned were lucky to get 10 MPG, shows the electronics of today's vehicles already greatly
reduced pollution output and all the EV crap is saving does little overall pollution

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
With the near 600 hp of my C3 I typically get comments like "how many gallons to the mile" etc and then incredulous looks when understanding it's 8 litre will 'squeeze' 15/16 mpg on cruise. For me, on a rapidly devaluing state pension the carefree days of just going out for a drive in the Vette essentially have to be a planned and carefully considered event. Even using our 45 mpg urban daily driver with the cost of gad is becoming a financial headache!
Life`s a bitch and then you die . ☹️ I am well short of being a wealthy man but I certainly don`t have sweat it over the cost of running the Corvette or the average 17 to 22 mph of the Jeep V8 daily driver although admittedly I only average about 8000 miles a year in these days . With 37 years service local authority pension + State Pension and no mortgage I am better off than when I was working . 😊

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I too had my first drive of the C3 this year recently. Started from its slumber quite easily and was happy pootling the 8 miles to the nearest Super Unleaded supplying petrol station. Put some petrol in it and drove home. I don't put much in it as I don't drive that often so half a tank lasts a while - not just my Corvette, but because I just don't drive that often as have no need. I work from home, and in my little town I have most of what I need here. Corvette is mostly used for fun drives around as it cheers me up no end, and also to shows and occasional day out at the weekend with the wife if its a sunny day. Not bothered about cost of petrol at all. But in the future if I was bothered, I'd just drive it a little less.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have just gone back through my MOT`s since getting the C3 in 2016 and its been a steady decline in use over the years but Covid shut downs didn`t help . Annual mileage was : 2352, 2022, 2000, 1671, 1311, 937, 922 . The 2000 plus years were mostly clocked up travelling back and forth to events far and wide doing Dream Rides with the Sporting Bears for charity . Really must get out in it more but I am currently doing zero miles as the speedo drive has packed up and needs replacing . :(