Flooded C7

Pete Reeves

CCCUK Member
Buyer beware? Warning to anybody looking to buy a C7.
The attached picture was taken in the US in 2016. I found it when doing a Vin check on a C7 I was interested in buying.
This car is currently for sale on Ebay and other sites and is described as very low milage and as new.
The seller says he had the car from new and that the low millage is due to him relocating to the UK, Covid and him being very busy and that he only recently had it registered with the DVLA .He fails to mention is that this car was flooded and written off by its insurers and is reported to have been Crushed.
Luckily I found this out before parting with my money by carrying out a Vin check using a company called EpicVin. $49 well spent.
Pete.

Attachments

• flooded C7.JPG
    flooded C7.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 65

Roscobbc

Well done Pete - and thanks for telling us. Anomolies of USA vs UK's registration systems relating to American write-off's means that an unscrupulous person/trader can import a car such as this in to Europe or the UK, 'repair' it, UK register it and conveniently 'forgeting' to mention about it previously being on the USA 'hit list'. It will not appear on the UK's 'hit list'. Typically (as with this car) a 'story' from the seller explaining the low mileage etc usually follows......
Be careful out there guys and gals........there is always someone trying to 'relieve' you of your hard earned money!

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
In the 43 years of being involved in the. Corvette world I have got many stories of salvage cars entering UK. It seems the DVLA do not record the salvage title. I always insist on a CARFAX on any car I buy. It not only shows issues but #of owners , recalls and service history. Best $50 you can spend B4 buying.

Maybe my c7 would be of interest (but no. Carfax as it was exported new to Dubai). I am in California now almost permently but back briefly Nov 21 for 10 days.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
The seller changed his story a few time when I made an enquiry back in June 2021!
He was not going to volunteer that it was written off in America even when I challenged him with the water damage facts that I uncovered over it.

Definitely steer clear!

There was / is another 'floating' about on eBay as well, a white C6 Grand Sport.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (31).jpg
    s-l1600 (31).jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: