Fuel Injector problem on a 82 Crossfire

sharrig

CCCUK Member
Hi, Please could you help me.

The rocker cover gaskets needed replacing. I changed the gasket on the drivers side, after which started the engine with no problem. Changing the gasket on the passengers side and in doing so had to push away the wiring harness that sits over the rocker cover ( some of those wires go to the injectors ). When I started the car fuel pulsed through the injectors as normal. When I restarted the car fuel poured through the injectors which remained open. Started car again fuel passed through as normal, problem seems to be intermitent. Do you think that by pushing away the wiring harness I may have broken a wire or one has come loose - I can't see anything obvious. Or is a coincidence that the ECM has packed in?

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
I would look at the wiring you pushed out of the way as its the last thing you touch before the intermittent fault started.
40 year old wiring becomes very brittle especially with the heat from the engine.
Check the wiring insulation for obvious cracks and condition. If nothing found I would do a resistance test on each wire while gently moving the injector wiring to see if you have any internal breaks.