Headlight bezel stuck!

Jimkounter

Regular user
So I've got a new and interesting problem....
I'm replacing the dipped lights with the correct dipping so I don't dazzle oncoming traffic. The headlights won't go hight enough to remove the bezel fully. I've removed the stop bracket and they won't go any higher. To make matters worse one bezel has slipped down and I can't get it back in position. How do I raise the headlight cover so I can get the bezels out? Also, anyone recommend a supplier of new bulbs that fit the stock system?

Attachments

• 20220622_121350.jpg
    20220622_121350.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 9

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have the same problem on my C3 . But on drivers side only , although the passenger side is a very close fit too . The headlight nacelle only needs a fraction more clearance so I feed an old towel into the headlight aperture to protect the paintwork , apply a bit of upward pressure on the headlight assembly and ease the nacelle out . Same for refitting it . Try taking both head light unit back dishes out of the pop up assembly to get more wiggle room now that the nacelle has dropped inside .

Jimkounter

Regular user
Thanks Chuffer. There is insufficient flex to enable me to get them out without cracking the paint and possibly damaging the door. The nacelle that has slipped can't be moved back into position either. My only option is to pivot the entire back another 45 degrees or so, if this is even possible? Haynes manual is also a little unclear. If I remove bolt 2 in the attached photo along with the springs on either side will it then open a lot more?

Attachments

• 20220622_173512.jpg
    20220622_173512.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 5