Hello again - after a 15 year gap

colinsmith`8

CCCUK Member
Hello again. I've rejoined the club having been a member before. In the 1990's I had a champagne gold C4 and around 2005 I had a red C3 which was used at the time to promote the Disney/Pixar Cars film. I wonder where it is now?

I've rejoined as I had always promised myself I would have 3 Corvettes. I don't think I'm up to buying the C8 but may look around for a C7. Mind you I'm still attracted to the C1, C2 and C3 - so much choice!

Anyway just thought I'd say hello and you might see me around the forums asking for buying advice.

Colin in Tunbridge Wells

Stingray

CCCUK Member
You need a C7! Stunning cars.

Be a bit cautious if you see a "cheap" one - it's likely to be a base spec' import. There should be some good used cars around either in Euro specification or in the equivalent US specification which is probably Z51 (engine/brakes/chassis) with LT3 (nice leather) interior. If it's an import the satnav etc can be converted if you want (remove and send to Sweden) although on a used car it's cheaper to go with an aftermarket solution. Earliest C7 autos will have the carry-over 6-speed from C6 but that was quickly replaced by the more usual 8-speed.

Genuine tyres (runflat) for recent Corvettes seem peculiarly unavailable in Europe but Michelin PS4S (conventional) come in the right sizes and work nicely.

Happy hunting!

Roscobbc

Hello again. I've rejoined the club having been a member before. In the 1990's I had a champagne gold C4 and around 2005 I had a red C3 which was used at the time to promote the Disney/Pixar Cars film. I wonder where it is now?

I've rejoined as I had always promised myself I would have 3 Corvettes. I don't think I'm up to buying the C8 but may look around for a C7. Mind you I'm still attracted to the C1, C2 and C3 - so much choice!

Anyway just thought I'd say hello and you might see me around the forums asking for buying advice.

Colin in Tunbridge Wells
Welcome back Colin!

colinsmith`8

CCCUK Member
You need a C7! Stunning cars.

Be a bit cautious if you see a "cheap" one - it's likely to be a base spec' import. There should be some good used cars around either in Euro specification or in the equivalent US specification which is probably Z51 (engine/brakes/chassis) with LT3 (nice leather) interior. If it's an import the satnav etc can be converted if you want (remove and send to Sweden) although on a used car it's cheaper to go with an aftermarket solution. Earliest C7 autos will have the carry-over 6-speed from C6 but that was quickly replaced by the more usual 8-speed.

Genuine tyres (runflat) for recent Corvettes seem peculiarly unavailable in Europe but Michelin PS4S (conventional) come in the right sizes and work nicely.

Happy hunting!
Many thanks for the guidance - much appreciated.