Help! Engine Belts set for Corvette 1975 SB, which one to Use?

GiuG

CCCUK Member
My mechanic, drop me a message, is a bit puzzled on which belt is mount on a Corvette 1975 and which motor oil the car needs... I ignore the tech behind this, I was thinking that for a mechanic is a straight forward job... I'm honest with you, I`m start to be worry about my car :) Anyone can suggest me the right full engine set for a corvette small block 1975 and engine oil?
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!

Roscobbc

Best post up a photo of the front of your engine compartment as belt driven accessories and length of bets themselves can change depending on things like a/c and alternator positioning. Someone should then have an answer for you.

GiuG

CCCUK Member
Oil received strong and loud! Thanks! Well the car is with the mechanic, so I can't make a photo, this is what I have so far (sorry is not aim in the right spot), the car does not have the A/C compressor and the alternator in on top left side, it has no tensor, the configuration is pretty basic, I think. Any direction, such brand and type, will be great. At least the mechanic will recognize the length, at least... I hope!! Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 20220201_133914.jpg
    20220201_133914.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Alignment_Wheels.jpg
    Alignment_Wheels.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ValvesCover_Leakage_General.jpg
    ValvesCover_Leakage_General.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
You might be able to find a code printed on the belts that are currently fitted?

GATES are a commonly used brand. Doing a search for a ‘75 Corvettes on Gates belts website shows as follows:

Fan & alternator belt
part no 7525 non-a/c (52.5” long x 13/32” wide)
part no 7535 a/c (53.5” x 13/32”)
Power steering belt
7360 (36” x 13/32)

As has been said above, you never know for sure if any of your pulleys have ever been changed, hence trying to get a code from what is currently on the car is a good starting point, provided of course they are a good fit ie toward the middle of the tensioner adjustment range.