Help Needed for Security Codes

David A Wright

Regular user
I have an issue with my 2007 C6-Z51. The cable for the drivers side window winder has frayed and the glass is currently in 'door opening' position. In order to have a look at what is involved in fitting the replacement kit I bought, I removed the door card and drivers . I did this without disconnecting the battery first. I reconnected and refit all the parts but now have the following issues:
1. The security warning light on the dash is lit -refer attached photo
2. The door control module isn't working
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. The above issues remain. And, when I reconnected the power, the window dropped further. Refer attached photo.

I am hoping someone on this site knows the reset code for the security system. Presumably once reset, the door control unit will function again.

Attachments

• 20231008_162604[1].jpg
    20231008_162604[1].jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231008_162746[1].jpg
    20231008_162746[1].jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Check fuses in the fuse panel under floor on passenger side
Check for BCM fuse and for the door controller and the RDCLR which is the remoter controller that the key FOBs and tire pressure sensors use
Also check the fuse panel in engine bay for the easy key fuse 11, 15 amp

Does the FOB work, locking and unlocking doors ( try with FOB on left and right sides of car) ?
Does it work to open the hatch ?

Do the door switches in the left and right sides work ?
On the DIC does it show the tire pressures ?

Anytime work is down that effects windows they have to be rezoned, process should be in owners manual
Something like hold the down button for a few seconds after window is down and do the same for window ll the way up,
might be different for your car so read the manual

The security light not flashing when door is open says the BCM is not getting the security code to then compare with the PCM

Here is wiring for RDCLR and door controller, print out if you can or need to look at a service manual
Maybe you missed a ground wire or like there are 5 antennas, one is in driver's door as listed below

If the FOB is placed in that slot for it in the dash, would the engine then start ?
Possible that FOB battery went bad ?
Have the one to try ?

C6doorctrl.jpgC6RCDLR.jpg

Last edited:

David A Wright

Regular user
hello Team ZR1
Check fuses in the fuse panel under floor on passenger side
Check for BCM fuse and for the door controller and the RDCLR which is the remoter controller that the key FOBs and tire pressure sensors use
Also check the fuse panel in engine bay for the easy key fuse 11, 15 amp

Hello Tear ZR1

Thanks for your response.

Fuses are okay

The FOB works, locking and unlocking both doors and the hatch

Before I removed the drivers side door panel all the door switches worked. Since removing the panel and
disconnecting the electrical connectors, the only drivers side switch that works is the open door button. All passenger side door switches work.

The DIC shows the tire pressures and works perfectly

I've rezoned passenger side window and it works perfectly.

I believe the issue is the Theft Deterrent System. Before I removed the door card there was no issue. Now the security light is on permanently even when the engine is running . As per the owners manual "the vehicle needs servicing". It is the reset code/process I need to know

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Due to the weight and weight/stress of the wiring harness, it is common for the cable to cause the wiring connector
to back off and not fully connected to the door controller connector
Also, due to stress it could be a bad crimp of one of the wiring connector pins

Also, common the wiring harness going through the door causes wire rubbing through A-piller and cut a wire or a ground wire issue

Picture of the right door of my 99 C5

doortrim3.jpg

Last edited:

Custom exotics

Well-known user
I would also agree with team zr1 have the door card back off and recheck all the connector plugs to the door module locks handle and windows sounds like something is not connected properly

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
As I posted above and this is for others also with door electronics problems

Must check closely at wiring and check closely

door20connector.jpgC5doorCtrl.jpg

Check that area for like wire damage, such as this connector

door20connector20close20up.jpg

Else as I show above inside the door controllers are 4 relays that tend to go bad
Have to desolder them, they are all the same part number and buy new ones to replace