Hi from the US

PaulR

Regular user
My '94. This is my second C4 (my favorite style) and all stock.

Attachments

• Cv1.jpg
    Cv1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 10
  • CV2.png
    CV2.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 10
  • CV3.jpg
    CV3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 10

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Agreed on white Corvettes, it has looked good on all generations of the model. It was a good choice by GM/Chevrolet to produce the first 1953 in white only. Suited the car well. Especially in the southern sun belt states. Probably wouldn’t look as good on the dirty streets of Detroit after it’s been raining.

PaulR

Regular user
Agreed on white Corvettes, it has looked good on all generations of the model. It was a good choice by GM/Chevrolet to produce the first 1953 in white only. Suited the car well. Especially in the southern sun belt states. Probably wouldn’t look as good on the dirty streets of Detroit after it’s been raining.Ha

Roscobbc

I regard white very much as a 'non colour' - its monochromatic, much like the very opposite of black.........but whereas black will effectively amplify any body imperfection and show even the smallest particle of dirt or dust........white doesn't do that......you simply see the shape and form of the car body without the distraction of colour...........having said all that certain colours on specific years just look so good (and far, far better than white or black on its own)

PaulR

Regular user
I regard white very much as a 'non colour' - its monochromatic, much like the very opposite of black.........but whereas black will effectively amplify any body imperfection and show even the smallest particle of dirt or dust........white doesn't do that......you simply see the shape and form of the car body without the distraction of colour...........having said all that certain colours on specific years just look so good (and far, far better than white or black on its own)

Where about’s in FL ? I’m in Clearwater a lot of the time. Yep FL is sure nicer than the northern states for weather.
Delray Beach. Clearwater is nice. My sister lived there but moved to New Port Richey last year.Are you part of any Corvette Clubs/Facebook groups here?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Will you be going to the march Daytona swap meet/car show. It’s a great three days of fun. I know New Port Richey very well, I have a property there. Fun in the Florida sun in a convertible, what could be better? In a Corvette convertible of course.

Last edited:

PaulR

Regular user
Won't make it this year, but maybe next. Glad you are enjoying Florida :) One of brothers is building a house about 30 minutes north of NPR - a DC transplant like me lol. Yep, feels nice driving a convertible - epecially a Corvette - on sunny days in Florida!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It certainly seems that people in Florida originated somewhere else. I’ve got a born and bred Dade county ( Miami) friend coming over to me in the UK on Sunday for a week. It’s freezing here at the moment, snow, sleet etc he will be absolutely freezing . Here for a week, then we are off to sunny Daytona.

PaulR

Regular user
It certainly seems that people in Florida originated somewhere else. I’ve got a born and bred Dade county ( Miami) friend coming over to me in the UK on Sunday for a week. It’s freezing here at the moment, snow, sleet etc he will be absolutely freezing . Here for a week, then we are off to sunny Daytona.
True. Very rare to meet a native Floridian - and most snowbirds or transplants seem to be from New York and New Jersey.