Hope you did not pay way over MSRP

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The past year that C8 Stingray coupes depreciated 11.5 percent (or $10,500) and
hardtop convertibles went down 12.9 percent (or $13,300), and they see no signs in the data that prices will flatten out anytime soon.

As for the Z06 market, since May of this year, prices for the coupe have plummeted 21.6 percent (or $47,500) and 19.3 percent (or $44,200) for the HTC
It sure looks like the boom times for the mid-engine Corvette are definitely over due to crap design, quality & lousy treatment of customers by GM
“Buyers, however, might benefit from the situation.
Not only because prices are falling, but also because cars that are listed for sale for longer than 3 months receive massive discounts.
On average, this is 6%, and this already offsets half of the yearly depreciation rate.”

Imagine all those that paid way over MSRP and now what used ones will be selling for

112923_11b.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Ton of reporting since the 2020 C8 came out
C8 has the highest GM amount of TSBs of all Corvette generations
Every thing with countless DCT failures, CAM end caps failing, top of dash deforming, OTA causing battery failures and no starts
HTC cable/gears breaking, front hood latching failing, front lift failing, lots of electronics failures, etc, etc
Serious fires, totally C8s, now 3plus months some serious problem where customers C8s get made but instead of shipping for customer pickups, GM shipping many of them to Penske and Roush for some type of problem-solving while countless C8s sitting in parking lots at Bowling Green, Warren Mi and Pontiac Mi and GM refusing to tell the paid customers what the major failures are preventing shipping for last 3 months

Or read 149 forum pages of C8 problems from C8 owners at

Buyer remorse or souring of new and used sales

Just this weekend a 2024 Z06, 1LZ trim package and $5,055 in options, the MSRP for the car was $116,850
Auctioned for just $145,000

Just one year ago, 2023 Z06s were auctioning for close to $300,000
Had 5 miles on it and due to owner selling it before 6 months the new owner has zero GM warranty

120223_4.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yes the price will continue to drop and what a hit the 2023 Z06 buyers will take up their butts

Less than a year ago, the hotshots were paying as much as $275,000 for 2023 MY
Yet now brand new 2024 C8 Z06s are selling down in the $116,000 range

Yet used 2023 Z06s stuck trying to sell from $160,000 plus, sitting on lots in winter weather

z06c.jpg24z06.jpgz06b.jpg

Termie

CCCUK Member
Cars depreciate - shocker. Didn't see that one coming. Got f-all to do with the car or the quality, go spend some time on Porsche forums to watch the wringing of the hands taking place.

All I hear on the car forums right now is an obsession about cars depreciating, and interest rates meaning high finance rates compared to the last few years.

I'm not sure when people forgot what normal was, where you pay to play, and if you don't like the interest rate you buy the car rather than take a loan for a car. It is hardly a revelation, I've only made money selling one car in my life, and that was accidently because Covid caused a supply shortage. This is back to normal, what we've had over the last few years has been the aberration.

Roscobbc

Cars depreciate - shocker. Didn't see that one coming. Got f-all to do with the car or the quality, go spend some time on Porsche forums to watch the wringing of the hands taking place.

All I hear on the car forums right now is an obsession about cars depreciating, and interest rates meaning high finance rates compared to the last few years.

I'm not sure when people forgot what normal was, where you pay to play, and if you don't like the interest rate you buy the car rather than take a loan for a car. It is hardly a revelation, I've only made money selling one car in my life, and that was accidently because Covid caused a supply shortage. This is back to normal, what we've had over the last few years has been the aberration.
Car manufacturers were perhaps unconcerned historically happy when a 'speculating' customer make a profit perhaps better than them when selling-on after a few months with nominal miles........but now they understandably perhaps want all the profits to be made!