How Good Or Bad Are These?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Following significant back surgery, I'm curious to know how comfortable / supportive the 1980 seats are?
Can anyone confirm please?
1982-blue-corvette-for-sale-45-1080x675.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I fitted same new seats to my 1980 about 4 years ago and find them very comforable . I had spinal surgery back in 2007 so admitedly well recovered now but find the seats great . Passengers comment on how confortable they are too .

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I fitted same new seats to my 1980 about 4 years ago and find them very comforable . I had spinal surgery back in 2007 so admitedly well recovered now but find the seats great . Passengers comment on how confortable they are too .
That's great to know thank you.
Were these only an option on the 1980, I assumed they the standard supply? 🤔

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That's great to know thank you.
Were these only an option on the 1980, I assumed they the standard supply? 🤔
I decided to splash out the £ and went for full leather instead of vinyl replacements . Also chose the slightly shallower side bolster option which makes access and egress easier and less wear on the on the bolsters over the long term . They are still very supportive though when cornering with determination . :D

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I had major back surgery some years back and (for me) find the stock seats and driving position more comfortable than most modern cars
I thankfully don't have back issues, and I'm only in my 40s, but I have to agree here - my 68's Vettes standard seats (I assume standard as they look it), I find very comfortable and much nicer than a lot of newer cars seats where they have a habit of making them very hard I find and you have to mess with the seat controls for ages to find the sweet spot where its comfortable. Then the wife drives your car and mucks it all up :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember when I drove my first C4 Corvette, the seats seemed so different from all American cars of that period, and took some getting used to. I was very surprised at the style as they were suited to a slimmer frame, than the majority of Americans were. A number of people I knew stateside were far to large to fit in those seats. Those that did squeeze themselves in them had trouble getting out, and the seat suffered badly.