How Many Here Changed The Colour Of A Corvette?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
My car was originally a blue car - whatever blue Chevy was using in 1968? Lemans Blue? Now it is still blue, but a different blue - apparently a Dodge colour with code SBE or something, which I think is what is used on the Dodge Viper GTS.

* You're probably thinking "Why not look at the paint tag on the door for your original paint code?", and that would be a good thought. Alas, they seem to have disappeared with one of the previous owners.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Mine was two tone Anniversary silver / grey - then after the Daytona body it went absolute white with three colours of green stripes and dark green full leather interior - then to tone it down it went dolphin grey with three colours of silver stripes with dark grey leather - then recently after a body off, it went to gris aster with three stripes, a silver, blue and black with light grey leather - the sun is playing tricks here, the stripes are only on the splitter, the side pods and the sides of the ugly tail - all the livery is painted and unbelievably before the gris aster colourIMG_9065 (2).JPGIMG_9057 (2).JPGIMG_9071 (3).JPGIMG_9080 (3).JPGIMG_9038 (2).JPG

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Interesting, thank you for the replies.
Between this and another post elsewhere, it seems changing the colour is more widespread than I perhaps thought.

Does this ever throw up any issues with the DVLA when you advise on the V5 or are they not fussed with such changes? 🤔

johng

CCCUK Member
No problem with the dvla when I changed my colour. When the previous owner registered my car he put the wrong engine number on the paperwork. I thought that getting this changed might be a problem but it wasn't either.