I can't sleep knowing I will own a C3 one day

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Could always get a Corgi model C3 whilst you wait. I picked up a 1969 one at a Vintage models stall at the WSR summer rally a few years back. Only cost me a quid. Granted the paint isn't show perfect, but it hasn't broken down yet and has cost me nothing to run.

luckyrat

Busy user
Bought mine for £14,000 in November, spent over £3,000 since, driven it less than 10 miles, almost sold it for £10,000 this week!
Sometimes you have to live with your dreams and nightmares, I’ll get it sorted.

mickn

CCCUK Member
Bought mine for £14,000 in November, spent over £3,000 since, driven it less than 10 miles, almost sold it for £10,000 this week!
I've been saying that for the last 40 years about the other half ;)

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Stick with it. You cant beat the smiles, the money spent will soon be forgotten. I remember a few days after i got mine, polished within an inch of its life looking good pulled up at the petrol station as you do next to a Ferrari 458 Italia. the driver was a knob and looked down his nose through his prada sunglasses at me. when i came out the kiosk after paying there was crowd around my pride and joy. not one even gave the Ferrari a second look. That drivers face was priceless.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Could always get a Corgi model C3 whilst you wait. I picked up a 1969 one at a Vintage models stall at the WSR summer rally a few years back. Only cost me a quid. Granted the paint isn't show perfect, but it hasn't broken down yet and has cost me nothing to run.
🤣

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Stick with it. You cant beat the smiles, the money spent will soon be forgotten. I remember a few days after i got mine, polished within an inch of its life looking good pulled up at the petrol station as you do next to a Ferrari 458 Italia. the driver was a knob and looked down his nose through his prada sunglasses at me. when i came out the kiosk after paying there was crowd around my pride and joy. not one even gave the Ferrari a second look. That drivers face was priceless.
Yeah (y) I had a lot of early grief and expense with mine , but as you say , bringing petrol station forecourts to a standstill , other drivers making great comments and even the staff leaving their tills to come out and take photos goes a long way to easing the pain . :D

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I hate modern cars like that.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Forgot to mention the miles and miles of smiles when doing Dream Rides with the Sporting Bears . Punters donating £££`s for a 10 mile blast are just beaming with joy and excitement . It makes me love the car all over again :D .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hmmmm a C4...:unsure: better off saving up your pennies James and gong for a C3.... much better classic looks...in my opinion... Im on my third C3... 75, 78 Pace Car.... now Limited Edition 81. (y)
C4 is a more seriously engineered engine and chassis, a proper fast sports car. I looked at loads of c 3’s , many of which drove like tractors, I looked at a few c4’s and loved them as I loved any corvette but I concluded if I bought a C 4 then it would only have been a temporary fix and that i would still have needed a C3 as that was the dream car i had wanted since I was. Boy.
c4.’s seem to be the most affordable vettes and wont appreciate as fast as the c3’s so if you are young then you have time to have a c4 now for a while and change to yr dream c3 in a year or two., and ok its not yet your c3 dream but its a foot on the vette ladder and you wont be disappointed they are an exhilarating car. You never know , you may decide on the more drivable c4 against the classic but pos more needyc3.. great fun looking at all vettes and dont consider yourself a time waster or tyre kicker, its a huge descision buying your first classic and you will get one eventually. My biggest worry would be rushing into a c3 because it seems cheaper than most, the gorgeous lines cloud your vette glasses and you buy one in haste that turns out to need loads of serious work and you end up with a money pit.
Good luck , you will get there 👍😁