I need some help...

John and Angie

Regular user
Hi all. A little while ago I was parked in a public car park in the farthest away corner to avoid any issues. Unfortunately, it was my own issue that got me! I failed to remember that I had parked next to a raised kerb area on the passenger side. I soon remembered as I pulled off, turned the wheel to the right, and was met with the most horrendous scraping, screaming, murderous noise that you could imagine. Yes, I had caught the area under the passenger door on the raised kerb. I couldn't bring myself to get out and look so I drove home feeling sick and imagining the side of my beloved C6 hanging off. Fortunately, it was not that bad, but I do have a significant 12" deep scrap under the door. No cracks or splits (phew) but it will need sanding down and respraying. Here is where I need help. Does anyone know or can recommend the nearest body shop in Kent (I live in Leysdown on the Isle of Sheppy) that would fix fiberglass? I am struggling to find one.
Thanks for any thoughts you may have.
John

craigyboy

CCCUK Member
any body shop will be able to repair it paint it and lots of bodyshops should be able to do proper work..
an example

Autobodykraft Leighton Buzzard​

phild

CCCUK Member
Agree with Mechspray. They did a superb job of my C2 when it was being restored a few years back. They are experts in fiberglass preparation and mine did need a fair bit of prep.

Roscobbc

Logic also with using Mechspray is that they are effectively 'on your doorstep' - far easier to visit and keep to to speed with progress.....