Insurance Referrals?

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
As with all insurance companies, new business calls answered almost immediately, claim calls on hold waiting for an advisor.
As soon as you want to claim, you’re a pest.

Shall we turn this into a 'slagging insurance companies off' thread?.. could be the longest thread on the forum! :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Are you sure they wont say 'youre not the policyholder, we cant talk to you'? when you eventually get an answer.
If you are not the policy holder I reckon you are wasting your time . As for the `hold ` , you are 100th in the queue ` , your call is important to us `and listening to `elevator music ` mullarky , I`m afraid that`s the way of the world these days . :mad:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Holding some details back for now but it will be interesting to see how AF perform on this one. C3 Corvette damaged (paint) at a show in 2019 and the owners - a pension age couple were devastated. Various car care product vendors present tried and failed to treat the damaged paint. I helped them with a painter recommendation and it was painted over the course of 12 months and I assumed wrongly they made an insurance claim. Finding out recently it never occurred to them to claim and paid out of pocket so trying to put that right.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
If you are not the policy holder I reckon you are wasting your time . As for the `hold ` , you are 100th in the queue ` , your call is important to us `and listening to `elevator music ` mullarky , I`m afraid that`s the way of the world these days . :mad:

I was able to go into detail the owner probably can't and this was all logged (and read back to me) they are in touch with the underwriter and will report back to the policy owner. Apart from the time it took, so far so good.

ClassicLineInsurance

Supporting vendor
About to purchase a 1966 Corvette Sting Ray. Any recommendations / tips for Classic Car insurance?
If you are still looking for insurance quotes, and haven't already tried us, you would be welcome to give us a try. Our office number is 01455 639 000, and our efficient and knowledgeable team would be more than happy to help.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I admire you for even trying under those circumstances... best of luck.

Thought it would be only fair to update this. Having been passed about from AF to two other insurers my mate received and accepted an offer close to 50% of their repaint costs of £10k I think he could have held out for more but he's happy so it puts it to bed.