It`s Almost Here !!!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The £2.00 per litre demon is almost upon us !! I filled up the C3 with Esso Supreme 99+ on the way home from the BBNC monthly meet today - £1.95.5 a litre . The fill up cost me £101 .14 .
:eek:o_O😭 .

Roscobbc

I did what I typically used to do (only a year or so ago) and stuck £35's worth of the same Esso 99 Supreme really for our club night. Shocked to see just 19 litres - 4 1/4 gallons in real English measurement..........horrifying

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I wonder if that will affect the prices of older classic cars? American cars especially are not known for their fuel economy. If the owners can’t use them as much as they would like to use them, they may decide to sell, and more will appear on the market place.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The £2.00 per litre demon is almost upon us !! I filled up the C3 with Esso Supreme 99+ on the way home from the BBNC monthly meet today - £1.95.5 a litre . The fill up cost me £101 .14 .
That is quite frightening.

Chris Sale

CCCUK Member
The regional differences are hard to understand. Filled up my '64 this afternoon with Esso Supreme 99 at Oswestry, cost was 1.83 per litre.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Here in the USA, some areas are charging for lowest grade gas almost $8 US a gallon
and some saying will go to $10 a gallon, so that would be about $200 for a total refill :-(
Figure it out if needed 4 tanks a month !

Roscobbc

I have been monitoring
Here in the USA, some areas are charging for lowest grade gas almost $8 US a gallon
and some saying will go to $10 a gallon, so that would be about $200 for a total refill :-(
Figure it out if needed 4 tanks a month !
Its still far less than what we are paying here in the Uk. Currently our Super 99 unleaded is already the equivalent of $11 s gallon.....and gonna rise further no doubt!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My friends trips from Miami to Atlanta and back use 100 Gallons. He used to go every other weekend. He’s had to cut that back a little due to gas prices.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The trouble with gas prices in American was that it was Too cheap for Too long. Now it’s increasing its hitting their pockets really hard.

Roscobbc

The trouble with gas prices in American was that it was Too cheap for Too long. Now it’s increasing its hitting their pockets really hard.
We are kind of spoilt in one respect here in UK - in respect of typical car journeys. A 200 mile round trip here in UK is considered by many to be a long journey.........I'm guessing in the 'States for many of those who live in larger states where towns and cities are several hundred miles apart our 200 mile trip is nothing. Like the gun in many states the car is almost sacrament to everyday existance. Add-in rising energy prices etc and one can see how Trump could promise the American voters significantly cheaper gas and overheads (and continuence of fossil fuel powered cars) and get voted back in!

Roscobbc

That is quite frightening.
I have been considering fuel prices over the last couple of years and have increasingly began to realise that 'fun' motoring as we knew it seems doomed. I read earlier that Boris is looking at returning the UK back to Imperial Measurement in time for HRH's Jubilee Celebrations later next week. This is on the basis of no longer being in the EU.
Question is - will that just be weight measurements for foodstuffs? - will it include linear measurements like feet and inches - and even more important for us.......will it also mean reverting back to gallons instead of litres?...........if so people will perhaps finally see the 'real' cost of petrol.......perhaps starting even more resentment from the public.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Due to the size of the USA it is common to travel 12,000 miles plus a year and why GM had new vehicle warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles
or engine oil spec'd for certain mileage or change no more than 1 year of use.

I have a friend living in central Texas and the closest place to buy food is 120 miles round trip, and he has to tow a trailer so that he buys enough food to last longer between those trips
Imagine a household where they have more then 1 vehicle

Gas prices in part is due to the distances common travelled that were factored in to GM designs along with EPA smog requirements

Roscobbc

The cost is really starting to take the pleasure of of taking our cars out. I really resent paying these ridiculous prices. As most will know I have been trying to sell my '68. Plan was if sold I would perhap look to buy a late C6.......the thought of a potential 30 mpg on a run was attractive - would mean going on the kind of journeys that I wouldn't consider (or could sensibly afford) in the C3. Now its all too expensive - I'm sure if I had a 50cc Honda Cub tucked away for running around I'd be feeling the same. Some will say its all part of a major plan to make electric vehicles seem cheaper to run vs petrol and gain more public acceptance.

Roscobbc

Due to the size of the USA it is common to travel 12,000 miles plus a year and why GM had new vehicle warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles
or engine oil spec'd for certain mileage or change no more than 1 year of use.

I have a friend living in central Texas and the closest place to buy food is 120 miles round trip, and he has to tow a trailer so that he buys enough food to last longer between those trips
Imagine a household where they have more then 1 vehicle

Gas prices in part is due to the distances common travelled that were factored in to GM designs along with EPA smog requirements
I was never historically thankful for living in a town or city environment - always considered open country or village life to be the 'ideal'......as long as we had cars.
Long since abandoned that fantasy. Walking to shops, or using London's public transport network is great - so stress free. I used to drive up to 35K miles a year (20K in recent years) - just couldn't imagine ever doing that now - I pity truck drivers!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think people will seriously consider buying an American car nowadays, the price of the fuel it will use will put a lot of people off. If they can’t use it how they want to use it, why bother buying it. Certainly the monsters from the 1970’s will be unloved and unwanted now or in the very near future.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Nothing to consider for me! It's my passion and only hobby. People spend way more on keeping a horse or boat so I don't care and I don't want kids so that's another expense I don't have! :cool:😂