It`s Almost Here !!!

Roscobbc

Nothing to consider for me! It's my passion and only hobby. People spend way more on keeping a horse or boat so I don't care and I don't want kids so that's another expense I don't have! :cool:šŸ˜‚
I have a number of car buddies who think much the same - of varying ages.........however they tend to have one thing in common........they ain't family men - generally unmarried - without the 'overheads' of a partner and perhaps children they can devote more time and money enjoying their passion.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have been considering fuel prices over the last couple of years and have increasingly began to realise that 'fun' motoring as we knew it seems doomed. I read earlier that Boris is looking at returning the UK back to Imperial Measurement in time for HRH's Jubilee Celebrations later next week. This is on the basis of no longer being in the EU.
Question is - will that just be weight measurements for foodstuffs? - will it include linear measurements like feet and inches - and even more important for us.......will it also mean reverting back to gallons instead of litres?...........if so people will perhaps finally see the 'real' cost of petrol.......perhaps starting even more resentment from the public.
Just as metrification was siezed on as an opportunity to `round up ` prices of everything , so will Barmy Boris`s imperial measurement scam too !! Plus we will have a whole generation that will have now clue what measurement of weight , volume etc . they are dealing with .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have a number of car buddies who think much the same - of varying ages.........however they tend to have one thing in common........they ain't family men - generally unmarried - without the 'overheads' of a partner and perhaps children they can devote more time and money enjoying their passion.
Either that or they are old farts like us with no family expense committments anymore , but you need a damned good pension income or you are stuffed !!

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I think people will seriously consider buying an American car nowadays, the price of the fuel it will use will put a lot of people off. If they canā€™t use it how they want to use it, why bother buying it. Certainly the monsters from the 1970ā€™s will be unloved and unwanted now or in the very near future.
And coupled with the increasing price of virtually everything else now, thereā€™s less disposable cash in pockets. Home energy, interest rates, food, building materials costs all risingā€¦.something has to give eventually.

Then again there are so many gas guzzling Rangerovers and X5s around being used as daily drivers, if theyā€™re doing 25mpg and being driven 12k miles per year thatā€™s a massive extra fuel cost. Are those buses getting harder to sell second hand?

Getting a very economical hybrid or electric daily driver by choice or forced if a company car might result in an increase in people looking for a ā€funā€ second car in the future.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
And coupled with the increasing price of virtually everything else now, thereā€™s less disposable cash in pockets. Home energy, interest rates, food, building materials costs all risingā€¦.something has to give eventually.

Then again there are so many gas guzzling Rangerovers and X5s around being used as daily drivers, if theyā€™re doing 25mpg and being driven 12k miles per year thatā€™s a massive extra fuel cost. Are those buses getting harder to sell second hand?

Getting a very economical hybrid or electric daily driver by choice or forced if a company car might result in an increase in people looking for a ā€funā€ second car in the future.
I am hanging on to my gas guzzling Hemi V8 Grand Cherokee daily driver for dear life ! I love it and figure that at 16 years old and only 71,000 miles on the clock it`s carbon footprint has cancelled itself out by now . Fortunately I don`t do mega mileage .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The regional differences are hard to understand. Filled up my '64 this afternoon with Esso Supreme 99 at Oswestry, cost was 1.83 per litre.
We have always been ripped off here in Northamptonshire compared many other areas of the UK , its been going on for years . Although in this instance I filled up just over the border in Bucks .