Jay Leno's Corvette appreciation

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
Just caught this on youtube this morning:

1999 Corvette - Jay Leno's Garage​

While he talks about various generations of Corvette including the C8, he is a big fan of the C5. Some great on the road footage showing off the C5's impressive stance, despite it's age.
Yes I'm a bit biased ;)

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Great video. I've always believed the C5 is the best value for money Corvette ever made despite the ugly waggon wheels on the early ones.

Another video from Jay demonstrating some new fangled fire extinguishers scroll down for the video demo --> Element | E50

And you can order here --> Gloss Fireaction: Sells Fire Safety Sticks Fire Extinguisher

10% club discount code is: 92CCCUK11X

I just bought some and the site was really easy to navigate and apply the discount code and the shipping for 3 was only £3 and change.

Thanks to member Chris Sale for finding these.

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
He did one on the C8 Z51 HTC (pre-production) too.
Didn't seem to quite understand that the torque/ power restriction in the first 500 miles is standard, and not just a pre-production thing.
Watching this stuff is certainly maintaining my excitement until I can get my hands on ne, 'though! 😁

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
This is just to allow proper break-in for the engine as what max RPMs they want used
Also has a 1,500 miles break-in for that crappy designed DCT before racing the car

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
Pity they didn't do it on TVRs in the UK. It would have saved a helluva lot of engine rebuilds! DCT seems generally very well received. I guess you are "old school".