Jeff Beck (78)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Another guitar great gone , not many left now . Also a great car guy well known for his love of customs and hot rods .

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
Driving this ex Jeff Beck C4 now has a whole new meaning. I have followed Jeff since mid sixties when I was an up and coming guitar player, still hope some of Jeff,s skills will transfer to my fingersC4 April 22 e.JPG

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Driving this C4 now has a whole new meaning. I have followed Jeff since mid sixties when I was an up and coming guitar player, still hope some of Jeff,s skills will transfer to my fingers
Did you buy Jeff Becks old Vette off of Tom Falconer?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Driving this C4 now has a whole new meaning. I have followed Jeff since mid sixties when I was an up and coming guitar player, still hope some of Jeff,s skills will transfer to my fingers
Like thet sentiment! Cars & Guitars/Boyz toyz eh? In 1989 I came into some unexpected money. Instead of doing the "sensible thing" i.e investing it or paying off the mortgage, I treated myself to a 1985 C4 and a black Fender Stratocaster (The "Heavy Metal" model obviously ;) ) The car was up for sale just up the road with the "Repo Man" man who had just repossesed it in Manchester for a local Finance Company. What looked at first like two dustbin lids in the back, was a US custom installed 14 speaker Alpine stereo system. Had never seen anything like that before!
Before buying it, I asked Tom Falconer at Claremont if he would have a look at it. He hadn't seen one either/made him grin. I told him that in the rear, the speakers and two amps & tuner were in a box that could be removed from the car as one piece. Tom said that car was good, and if I would consider selling the stereo system, he knew someone who might be interested in it? Like to think that maybe it was Jeff Beck? Maybe not?

Attachments

• IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Like thet sentiment! Cars & Guitars/Boyz toys eh? In 1989 I came into some unexpected money. Instead of doing the "sensible thing" i.e investing it or paying off the mortgage, I treated myself to a 1985 C4 and a black Fender Stratocaster (The "Heavy Metal" model obviously ;) ) The car was up for sale just up the road with the "Repo Man" man who had just repossesed it in Manchester for a local Finance Company. What looked at first like two dustbin lids in the back, was a US custom installed 14 speaker Alpine stereo system. Had never seen anything like that before!
Before buying it, I asked Tom Falconer at Claremont if he would have a look at it. He hadn't seen one either/made him grin. I told him that in the rear, the speakers and two amps & tuner were in a box that could be removed from the car as one piece. Tom said that car was good, and if I would consider selling the stereo system, he knew someone who might be interested in it? Like to think that maybe it was Jeff Beck? Maybe not?
Did it come complete with a Beck Tube ? That guy had so many skills and inovating ideas .

EJSC4

CCCUK Member
Did you buy Jeff Becks old Vette off of Tom Falconer?
Yes I did. Tom did a great job of restoring the car to road worthy condition. Lots more work done in last two years. Now enjoying driving it and listening to Jeff Beck tapes. Truth and Beckola.

Roscobbc

Well done - TBH I have never been a 100% fan of the C4.........however certain models (ZR1, Callaway and later model do 'float my boat') but your particular 'early' car in its OEM pale bronze colour with original wheels in my view is a thing of great beauty..........I'm sure any music or automotive writer would really love to feature your car in a tribute to Jeff Beck (add some value too I guess?)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yes I did. Tom did a great job of restoring the car to road worthy condition. Lots more work done in last two years. Now enjoying driving it and listening to Jeff Beck tapes. Truth and Beckola.
How about the `Truth` album ? Early days with good old `Rod the Mod` Stewart on vocals . (y)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Driving this ex Jeff Beck C4 now has a whole new meaning. I have followed Jeff since mid sixties when I was an up and coming guitar player, still hope some of Jeff,s skills will transfer to my fingersView attachment 20825
Brilliant!!! What part of the country are you in? Previous/1st owner of my black C7 Stingray bit of a music man. Traded it in for a black C7 Grand Sport :cool:.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Well done - TBH I have never been a 100% fan of the C4.........however certain models (ZR1, Callaway and later model do 'float my boat') but your particular 'early' car in its OEM pale bronze colour with original wheels in my view is a thing of great beauty..........I'm sure any music or automotive writer would really love to feature your car in a tribute to Jeff Beck (add some value too I guess?)
And being an official GM Chevrolet export model makes it a pretty rare car in itself nowadays.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
And being an official GM Chevrolet export model makes it a pretty rare car in itself nowadays.
Yes, Over Powered? Over Priced? Over Here? :) I gave Tom Falconer this Motor mag cover and test article when he was doing the resto on the car. Maybe EJSC4 got it from Tom?

Attachments

• Motor 1984 C4 test.jpg
    Motor 1984 C4 test.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
A plastic tube fitted to the mic stand and linked to guitar amp to give a distinct sound when mouthed down is the best way I can discribe . Most notably demonstrated by Peter Frampton on `Show Me The Way `.
Ahhh! Should have known that! How about some of your "fav" Jeff Beck videos off YouTube on here in tribute to the man?: