John Robinson. John was a true friend

7YEL

CCCUK regional rep
Hi all

It with deep regret that I have to inform you all that John Robinson sadly pasted away yesterday as he lost his battle with cancer. John was a true friend and Corvette fanatic he will be sadly missed. Our thoughts go out to Patricia and all his family at this sad time.

Gary & AnneIMG_20200715_181251.jpgIMG_20190602_081837.jpgIMG_20200715_182349.jpgIMG_20200715_181140.jpgIMG_20190710_205517.jpg

97BlackC5

CCCUK Member
Hear hear, John was a top man & a good friend, may good memories we have shared going to Corvette meets:, Brands Hatch, Silverstone & of course le Mans. He will be sorely missed by us all, especially the Kent 'mob'. Lets hope he's up there talking all things V8 Vette with another of our good (Kent) friends Pat Fitzgerald.

Rich

Administrator
Like a lot of people, I had known John for many years. I would describe him as a real gent. A really lovely guy who was always smiling. Really sad to hear that we will never laugh together again. So sad for us all, but particularly for Pat and his family.

Corkvette

CCCUK Member
So sad to hear of Johns passing. He was always so much fun. I remember on one of the early Irish trips a few of us went up the Healy Pass on the Cork/Kerry border. We all had walkie talkies in our cars and as we were coming down the other side the radios crackled into life and Thin Lizzy’s Whiskey in the Jar came on.....

“As I was going over the Cork and Kerry mountains, I saw Captain Farrell and his money he was countin “

I can see him laughing as he lined up that little gem to play just at the right time.
Condolences to Pat and his family.
Simon and Trish.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

DeeGee

CCCUK Member
Sad, sad news. John always had a smile and a kind word for everyone.

I'll never forget his infectious enthusiasm when we visited BBMF a few years ago.

A true gentleman who will be sorely missed. RIP John.p1020872.jpgHPIM3079.JPG

RobsVette

CCCUK Member
John was one of the first people that I met when I walked into The Wharf in 2007 as a new member, he was immediately open and welcoming, a great ambassador for the Club. He had an interest in all things Vette, automotive and aeronautical and could surprise you with added info on subjects that you thought you knew everything about.
John had the knack of blagging his way into areas that were "off limits", something that I'm eternally grateful to have learned from. I shall miss the banter, the smile and the enthusiasm.P1150563_edited-1.JPGP1260447_edited-1.JPG

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
So sorry to hear this news. As others have said, John was an absolute gent and one of - if not the - nicest man I’ve ever known. I loved his green C4, but he’s had a number of superb Corvettes and he’s a great loss to the CCCUK in general and the Kent region in particular. What a sad day.
Pete and Alyson Sansbury.

B

Blackadder

Thank you all for your very kind words about John. Yes John was a true gentleman.... but a lot of fun and mischief too,
as many of you know. He had struggled for a long time now but had kept a lot of that to himself. He is finally free of the pain.
I thank you all for the wonderful friendships that I made within the club, and for the fun I had with you all at so many wonderful events and trips.
We all remember John with love. Thank you again.
Pat
( patriciamartin@hotmail.com)
28377469_10155869324671210_5853461596912187626_n.jpgIMG-20180426-WA0030.jpg

leetrog

New user
So very sad. John was a thoroughly decent friendly & happy human being. It was always an absolute pleasure to have spent time with him at shows & events - especially when I was more involved as Sussex rep. My condolences to his Family, loved ones & all of his friends that knew him. Respect ☹️ 🙏

moukie

Regular user
John was an absolute legend a great friend to my late father and my family. I have some great memories of Le Mans trips and Brands meets. He will be sorely missed.

Last edited:

Bowler

CCCUK Member
To say I was shocked when I read the e-mail circulated by Ross, is an understatement

I was lucky enough to meet John, in a virtual sense, when I took on the role of Membership Secretary in 2011. This was followed by meeting him in person at several CCCUK and other events (including several times at Santa Pod) over the next few years. My overall impression and endearing memory of him, was that he was always smiling. It's people like John that make all the unseen effort of club administation worthwhile. He was always very supportive and willing to help. Unfortunately, I did not know that John was ill, so it has made to the news even more surprising

Such a shame to hear of his passing. My condolences to John's family and his friends and colleagues in the Corvette Club

:-(

7YEL

CCCUK regional rep
Hi all

Due to the current restrictions on gatherings, see below for the online live stream details of John Robinson funeral service August 6th 11.45. This should also be available for 7 days post the event. pm me if you have any issues.

Gary Garwood
Public Relations
Kent Region Representative
pr@corvetteclub.org.uk
kentregion@corvetteclub.org.uk
0sORB8g8Sy_hepsDtO_vOiC7IqRGV7c4AriIusMbBsNkeh2r4T22Ne_Etw5GfAaQ1J9-LikiPp24K7fWenwUaDdSTBUZ5fuyj03AWAxN6S9KhJXFIQRSoAOkJ3RT2kQakqMJX0JbuXU8txqkI3xEUBbwCQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Wesley Media

Hello,
This email is confirmation that a webcast is required for the following service:
NameJohn ROBINSON
LocationVinters Park
Date & TimeThursday 06/08/2020 11:45
Event Number800124 - please quote this on all correspondence and when calling
RequesterNathan Martin - Viner & Sons Ltd

https://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view
Login / Order ID: 42196
Password: uxmshdcv
Please read through the attached step by step document before using the webcasting service to ensure your system is compatible.

Thanks,
Wesley Media Team

© 2017 Wesley Media
wesleymedia.co.uk

Sea5

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Gary G
Thanks for posting the link to the service. I would have come over for John's funeral if it were possible but shall tune-in to the live stream.
I first met John when he owned the green C4 and I had a red one. After leaving the Nationals back then, we drove down the M1 south together. We stopped on the way (I can't remember why) and I said to him "I'm very jealous of your number plate, how much did it cost you"? He smiled then admitted with a cheeky grin "I made it up"! I think he changed it before venturing around the M25 to Kent...
A great character who always had time to chat with everyone. I was shocked to learn of his passing and will miss his infectious persona at forthcoming shows and events.
Please pass on my (and Sussex members) condolences to his family and friends.
Gary White
CCCUK Sussex rep
060625 Huntingdon Nationals Huntingdon (1).jpg