Kick panels?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi, dont know their proper name, but the kick panels in the footwells in front of the door appetures. The black finish is worn through slightly, they look aluminium underneath, are they metal ? and what do I need to buy to match the factory finish, sort of satin black. Think I saw a lot of interior trim paint colours in an old ecklers catalogue but cant find it.

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Footwell kick panels is correct,
Not sure of construction, either fibreglass or plastic , but can be repaired and strengthened with fibreglass.
I resprayed mine with a satin paint ( black ) VHT was a good match

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
What year is yours Mad4 ? They are plastic on my 1980 with black plastic grill vents in them and is faced with oatmeal colour carpet to match the rest of interior . I sprayed the grills satin black when restoring the interior .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
What year is yours Mad4 ? They are plastic on my 1980 with black plastic grill vents in them and is faced with oatmeal colour carpet to match the rest of interior . I sprayed the grills satin black when restoring the interior .
Black interior on my 72323EDAA8-AB69-41FD-AD9A-2B2729A12CA9.jpeg

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Yes, on closer examination injection moulded plastic on 71 . When you get your Paint spray on the reverse side of panel first to test for colour match and make sure no reaction with plastic.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Yes, on closer examination injection moulded plastic on 71 . When you get your Paint spray on the reverse side of panel first to test for colour match and make sure no reaction with plastic.
Thanks, just saw the silver showing through but maybe primer or the original plastic colour. I think halfords have some plastic paint aerosols too 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I used spray paint from Halfords with no reaction to the plastic trim on my 1980 . Used Vinyl Satin Black the interior black bits and on the A and B posts and T top trims I used their Ford Sierra Biege bodywork spray as it was an exact match for the original Chevrolet Oatmeal With a good surface clean and prep the paint has adhered well. DSCF3027.JPG

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I used spray paint from Halfords with no reaction to the plastic trim on my 1980 . Used Vinyl Satin Black the interior black bits and on the A and B posts and T top trims I used their Ford Sierra Biege bodywork spray as it was an exact match for the original Chevrolet Oatmeal With a good surface clean and prep the paint has adhered well. View attachment 8345
Thanks chuffer ,I will get some and try the back panels of my seats as a test piece . 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Forgot to say , I did the backs and squab buckets on mine too in the satin black after pealing off the carpet inserts on the backs as I was replacing all the carpets anyway . I flatted off all the surfaces with fine grade wet & dry paper then wiped clean with white spirit . You can`t really see in them in photo but I was pleased with results . Good luck (y)

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Forgot to say , I did the backs and squab buckets on mine too in the satin black after pealing off the carpet inserts on the backs as I was replacing all the carpets anyway . I flatted off all the surfaces with fine grade wet & dry paper then wiped clean with white spirit . You can`t really see in them in photo but I was pleased with results . Good luck (y)
Excellent , thank you👍