Knock offs

Roscobbc

Even with against all the multiple, poncy styles of wheels seen as OEM fitment on most cars today.......the Vette wheel, remembering the sytle is 60 years old still looks fantastic!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They have always been a good looking wheel. The Big three eared spinner really sets it off.
Spinners to me have always been cool and the mid year corvette version is the best.

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Not owning a C3 but having a unhealthy interest in car detailing I can recommend Auto finesse Iron out to remove brake dust and iron particles, it can also be used on the paintwork.
Then a wash with Revolution wheel wash using a small wheel woolie or a microfiber wheel brush neither of which will damage or scratch the finish.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A beautiful wheel whatever tire is fitted.
Blackwall, whitewall, gold or red line.
I don’t like it fitted with white lettered tires tho.
IMG_1849.jpegIMG_1847.jpegIMG_1848.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It is agreed by most that no production-1963 Corvettes were shipped from the factory with knock-off wheels. But, some race cars and the first few pilot cars did have the early-style, two-bar knock-off wheels installed.
IMG_1852.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Wow, that’s Serious money. I didn’t know they done blue lines.
You could just order white walls and try to keep the protective blue coating on them 😂😂

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Of course the now “classic” corvette factory alloy wheel is still a very good looking wheel. Soo 1970’s “mag wheel”
Looks great with a white lettered tyre on it.
IMG_1856.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Talking wheels.
The first thing I did as a 17 year old with a new “toy” was to replace the factory wheels on my 1969 Shelby GT500. Wizzed up to Ripspeed to get a set of Wolfies ( wolfrace ) wheels.
From this
IMG_1860.jpeg

To this
IMG_1859.jpeg

I was well pleased. Can’t remember what happened to the old wheels, probably stored for a while then junked. If only you knew.

Roscobbc

Talking wheels.
The first thing I did as a 17 year old with a new “toy” was to replace the factory wheels on my 1969 Shelby GT500. Wizzed up to Ripspeed to get a set of Wolfies ( wolfrace ) wheels.
From this
View attachment 25446

To this
View attachment 25447

I was well pleased. Can’t remember what happened to the old wheels, probably stored for a while then junked. If only you knew.
Odd things Woolfrace wheels - in certain diameters they looked crap - for example a 13" 4 stud wheel for a UK Ford they just didn't look right - looked puny with the tyres that were available back then - even when wider 13"American General Grabbers became available unless fitted to a wider rim they still looked puny and too 'low'. They were cast/forged for Woolfrace by UK foundry GKN group - but in right in the middle of the custom car craze GKN (perhaps due to strike issues) couldn't supply certain sizes and Woolfrace sourced certain 15" sizes from ARE (American Racing) - these were so much better in terms of quality, finish and styling (as compared to the GKN source)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember I put a set of wolfrace on a 1970 3000E capri. Probably 1977. Thought they looked “the business”
The person I sold it to came out one morning and found it sitting on bricks on his moms drive. Bye bye wolfies 🙁

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Same as the difference between 1964 to 1965 knock off’s. Same wheel, but the black inserts really make the wheel stand out.