(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Rich

Administrator
The CCCUK has received the following announcment on the 2022 LE MANS CLASSIC

4e58b4f02654b2a53e24c55869e7a140.jpg

Le Mans Classic 2022 will be held from June 30th to July 3rd. Eagerly expected for four years, the event will open its doors on Thursday afternoon and do it big.

Created in 2002 by Peter Auto, in association with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, Le Mans Classic offers a formidable retrospective of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The event, acclaimed from its very first edition, has continued to grow and attracted over 195,000 spectators in 2018. It is the largest gathering of classic cars with 600 racing cars on the track and 8,500 classic cars displayed in the specially designed enclosure.

Organized every two years, Le Mans Classic was originally scheduled to celebrate its 10th running in July 2020. The health crisis has decided otherwise, so the 10th edition will also mark the 20th anniversary of the event creation (2002). For the occasion, new features will punctuate the weekend, starting with the opening of the circuit being brought forward to Thursday afternoon, allowing the public to attend the Checks and Scrutineering. As well as the Endurance Racing Legends grid which will compete in races.

Clubs and collectors, who have already booked their tickets before the two successive postponements (2020, 2021), can of course enjoy the show. Your registrations are still well registered. A dedicated e-mail will be sent to you with the summary of your order, which it will of course be possible to adjust until the event.

Those of you who have already experienced Le Mans Classic know the very special atmosphere in and around Le Mans during that week. Clubs and collectors are key players in this great celebration. So we are counting on you to highlight the heritage and the automotive passion in the most beautiful way.

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail (club@lemansclassic.com) or by phone +33 (0)1 42 59 73 40.
Sincerely,

Clubs' team

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Surgery results permitting, I plan to be there with my brother (although sadly not in a Corvette.)

I had posted a small update about Corvettes on the entry list HERE.

zuluboy

CCCUK Member
The CCCUK has received the following announcment on the 2022 LE MANS CLASSIC

4e58b4f02654b2a53e24c55869e7a140.jpg

Le Mans Classic 2022 will be held from June 30th to July 3rd. Eagerly expected for four years, the event will open its doors on Thursday afternoon and do it big.

Created in 2002 by Peter Auto, in association with the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, Le Mans Classic offers a formidable retrospective of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The event, acclaimed from its very first edition, has continued to grow and attracted over 195,000 spectators in 2018. It is the largest gathering of classic cars with 600 racing cars on the track and 8,500 classic cars displayed in the specially designed enclosure.

Organized every two years, Le Mans Classic was originally scheduled to celebrate its 10th running in July 2020. The health crisis has decided otherwise, so the 10th edition will also mark the 20th anniversary of the event creation (2002). For the occasion, new features will punctuate the weekend, starting with the opening of the circuit being brought forward to Thursday afternoon, allowing the public to attend the Checks and Scrutineering. As well as the Endurance Racing Legends grid which will compete in races.

Clubs and collectors, who have already booked their tickets before the two successive postponements (2020, 2021), can of course enjoy the show. Your registrations are still well registered. A dedicated e-mail will be sent to you with the summary of your order, which it will of course be possible to adjust until the event.

Those of you who have already experienced Le Mans Classic know the very special atmosphere in and around Le Mans during that week. Clubs and collectors are key players in this great celebration. So we are counting on you to highlight the heritage and the automotive passion in the most beautiful way.

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail (club@lemansclassic.com) or by phone +33 (0)1 42 59 73 40.
Sincerely,

Clubs' team

Yes I`m going . zuluboy

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Now looking to take my '73, does anyone know if the French Corvette Club offering any packages like they do for the main 24 Hours? πŸ€”

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
So when is everyone going, via which route and in what Corvette? :unsure:

We are:
Wednesday 29th 08:15
Portsmouth - Caen
1973 Stingray
DSC_0054 copy(1)~3.jpg

Andy76

Regular user
Hi Folks

I'm just back from the 24 hours. Just a word of warning, there was loads of thefts of bikes and scooters from tram stops, shops and campsites even though they were chained up.
If camping be super vigilant. Whilst security was in place it was ineffective and there were lots of 'ne'er do wells' roaming and even when challenged they just carried on. We had to march them from the campsite whilst the security just shrugged their shoulders so make sure everything valuable is locked up, not just stashed in tents.

Other than that it was great being back after a couple of years away.

Enjoy your trip

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Hi Folks

I'm just back from the 24 hours. Just a word of warning, there was loads of thefts of bikes and scooters from tram stops, shops and campsites even though they were chained up.
If camping be super vigilant. Whilst security was in place it was ineffective and there were lots of 'ne'er do wells' roaming and even when challenged they just carried on. We had to march them from the campsite whilst the security just shrugged their shoulders so make sure everything valuable is locked up, not just stashed in tents.

Other than that it was great being back after a couple of years away.

Enjoy your trip
Thanks for that.
Seems like nothing has changed then as I recall those types many years back. πŸ€”

We are staying off site apart from Saturday night, but thanks again for the heads up.

Hope you had a great time despite the results.
πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Andy76

Regular user
Thanks for that.
Seems like nothing has changed then as I recall those types many years back. πŸ€”

We are staying off site apart from Saturday night, but thanks again for the heads up.

Hope you had a great time despite the results.
πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
There did seem to be a greater amount of it this year unfortunately.
Other than that it was brilliant. Was there all week so saw loads and the slightly new timetable was actually quite good in my opinion. Some trees have been chopped down which helps from some viewing points but generally everything is as was as far as I could see.
Sunday morning was a shock as one car got retired and then the other got trashed. Real shame as it had been looking good up to that point. Roll on next year....

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
There did seem to be a greater amount of it this year unfortunately.
Other than that it was brilliant. Was there all week so saw loads and the slightly new timetable was actually quite good in my opinion. Some trees have been chopped down which helps from some viewing points but generally everything is as was as far as I could see.
Sunday morning was a shock as one car got retired and then the other got trashed. Real shame as it had been looking good up to that point. Roll on next year....
I went almost 18 years with only one or two gaps

Nowadays work normally prevents me going and I landed back from America as it all started last week, but thankfully the Eurosport coverage was mostly excellent.

Really looking forward to attending my first LMC and driving the C3 in France. πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ