Lendrum and Hartman.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Watched an old episode of the sweeney earlier today. Regan and carter were in a black cab, they pulled up at the junction alongside a triumph spitfire driven by a lady jack knew or just fancied. He got out of the cab and into her car.
There in clear view on the other side of the junction was Lendrum and Hartman’s London showroom.
Bought back fond memories as dad bought his new 1970 impala from there in 1971. Being a one year only model and the new body style 1971 now out, he probably got it at a good price. One of their salesman lived two doors along from us and always came home in a new yank. He came home in the impala a week or so earlier and I think dad was impressed with it so decided to buy it.
Lendrums always “fully loaded” the cars they imported so it had power everything. He kept it a few years, sold it, and then bought it back. I think he had a fondness for that particular car.AC38C3FD-826D-4342-9EB4-2B512AA1FB99.jpeg

Roscobbc

No photos of Dad's Impala? - vaguely recall L & H (in King Street?) - was that the premises that Frank Dale & Stepsons occupied later? - used to marvel at all the RR's there. Got close to buying a superb gold coloured Camargue he had there....... fortunately common sense prevailed......

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Sadly no pictures of the 70 impala, dad wasn’t really interested in photography, and I was too young to be given a camera. I got one of those poloroid instant picture ones for my birthday about 73ish. Tiny pictures, 12 pictures to a film, and the films were expensive.
L&H then moved to king street Hammersmith which was a much larger premises, nice showroom, a big courtyard, and a Hugh indoor storage shop.
Yes, frank dale took it over for their Rolls Royce’s. They were quite an eyeful in there.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They most probably did, but I never took motorsport magazine. 1990 sounds about right. Once the various foreign embassies started using Mercedes cars that was the coming of the end for Lendrums.
I think one of the last cars we purchased from them was a late 80’s Chevrolet Caprice