Lt1 hood

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Can anyone confirm that an lt1 hood is the same as a big block hood (1972). And any such things around for sale ? (Oe)
thanks in advance

Corvette

Well-known user
Both hoods are the same. It’s a rare part, my advice is only but an original. On an aftermarket hood the underside let’s the car down.

Rich

Administrator
Mad4slalom - I hope you don't mind me asking but why aren't you shown as being a member of the Club.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Both hoods are the same. It’s a rare part, my advice is only but an original. On an aftermarket hood the underside let’s the car down.
thanks for info . I will put a wanted note out for a good condition oe hood, be a nice little project
Mad4slalom - I hope you don't mind me asking but why aren't you shown as being a member of the Club.
I have no Idea, I am a new corvette owner and may have failed to register a membership number so apologies if that is the case. I have spoken with the south west representitive and am looking forward to some post covid meets down here. In the meantime whilst 42F6D42A-22EC-4B1D-B616-41F2277494F7.jpeg learning as much as I can about my car, hence the high no of enquiries. Here is a pic of my club membership paperwork. Hope this addresses your query.
best regards
Gary Watts.

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
So the question is, is somebody willing and able to post two pictures one of an original LT1 and one aftermarket LT1
the underside
so we could all compare?

Roscobbc

I have an original big block hood in the loft of my garage - I'll take a image of it later - and one of the aftermarket L88 hood's underside so we can compare pressed to 'laid-up' finishes. And, yes the BB hood's for sale - one catch - you'll need to buy the car to secure it! :eek:

Roscobbc

Underside of stock BB/LT1 and aftermarket L88 style hood. Note how smooth the surface finish on the underside of stock hood is as compared with aftermarket hood - (and what what the hood is covering......)

Attachments

• 20201111_195448.jpg
    20201111_195448.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201111_194847.jpg
    20201111_194847.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201111_195025.jpg
    20201111_195025.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 13

Corvette

Well-known user
This is a close up of a GM hood. This fibreglass texture is what you are looking for on the inside of every panel/hood/door. 6DE9A339-F801-4061-B8C0-5E8C92882C66.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Here’s my aftermarket L88 hood

66314080-C3F6-434A-B19A-D8FF4F3B3573.jpeg
Underside of stock BB/LT1 and aftermarket L88 style hood. Note how smooth the surface finish on the underside of stock hood is as compared with aftermarket hood - (and what what the hood is covering......)

Sorry thread drift: Is that an Edelbrock or K&N filter?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Owww.. I see you are near Truro. My folks like near Hayle and my Vette sometimes goes down that way. Good to see another member in the South West :)
Excellent, what vette do you have, spotted a silver 74/5/6 or 7 in Truro about a week ago. Give me a shout if you are down , we can cruise to coffee somewhere 👍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Excellent, what vette do you have, spotted a silver 74/5/6 or 7 in Truro about a week ago. Give me a shout if you are down , we can cruise to coffee somewhere 👍
Another Vette down in Cornwall. Nice. Mine is the one in my avatar pic - blue 1968 small block.