Magic Carpet!

antijam

CCCUK Member
Although original, the carpets in my '71 'vert show relatively little wear (as befits a 45K mile car) but over the years exposure to the sun has resulted in significant bleaching - giving the black a brownish cast.....
1-P1370127.JPG

With the seats currently out it seemed a good time to see if the colour could be improved. After a thorough cleaning I used an aerosol can of Autoglym Black Dye to spray the whole carpet. After one coat the appearance is greatly improved.....

1-P1370129-001.JPG

To the eye the result is even better than shown in the photo, which still shows a slight cast ( the pile is very reflective and doesn't show the depth pf colour well.)
I may try one more spray of dye - however, I'm already well pleased with the result :)

johng

CCCUK Member
That looks pretty good. I did help my son dye his car carpets once but that was with a liquid dye and required the carpets to be removed from the car. This looks to be a much simpler job. Do they make any other colours?

antijam

CCCUK Member
That looks pretty good. I did help my son dye his car carpets once but that was with a liquid dye and required the carpets to be removed from the car. This looks to be a much simpler job. Do they make any other colours?

I don't think Autoglym do. There are other companies that do a range of spray colour dyes but I suspect that getting an exact match to the original colour might be difficult - black is pretty much black!