Monthly or Bi Monthly get together

RickyBoy

Regular user
A β€˜77, and it’s heading up here all the way from Herne Bay in Kent. I have fluffy towels and a dry garage ready and waiting πŸ˜‚
Manuals!! Yes please ! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½
ive been looking for the right car for some time. Enough to do for me to learn, get involved, and have some fun. But not so much that I can’t enjoy the car on the road. Hopefully this is the right balance. I was looking at a β€˜79 comparatively
locally down in Moffat, but kept hesitating for whatever reason and it went. Found this one a week later and it just felt right.... but I haven’t seen her in person yet so wish me luck Willie !! πŸ˜³πŸ™

Young Bill

CCCUK regional rep
Hiya,
Currently a C7. Pictures of previous Corvettes are on this thread if you scroll through. Had an 87, 75, 2008 and now the 2015 in that order :)
Looking forward to gettin a swatch at your C3. One of my favorites :)

RickyBoy

Regular user
Now I see them! 🀀 what a selection.
C3 arrived yesterday, and although it needs some tlc and work on the paint ( which I knew all about ) otherwise appears to be a really solid car and drives GREAT! Even have a copy of the original build record through the GM media archive collection. Very happy.
Now for job 1, need to change the fuses for those flashers and find a useable paint code for the 28L dark blue ... off we go ! πŸ˜…

RB

F34FFFDD-055F-43C7-A15C-89F72670D064.jpeg

Young Bill

CCCUK regional rep
Looks great, when are you looking to get it on the road for a meet? Croftamie is on the 4th July. American cars only and is well represented by Corvette :) In fact. David is coming along in his slightly modified C3 :) I've posted some manuals up on the Corvette Scvotland Facebook page, including wiring diagrams. :)
C3track.jpgC3track.jpg

RickyBoy

Regular user
Had a couple of weeks away in the Hebrides. Thanks for the manuals and wiring diagrams - started to get familiar with the vett and those flashers are now working πŸ‘πŸ½
I’m away again at the end of the month so looking to get out this weekend or then after the 5 august. Pretty clear there on in. Shame I missed Croftamie looks great - good day out? Worth it just to see David’s C3 !
I’m considering having some of the ageing of the paintwork sorted out. Some small scuffs badly coloured to diguise, some cracking around the tail lights, and some chips. It’s almost a daily driver so don’t need a show finish, but not sure whether to have a full repaint.

Young Bill

CCCUK regional rep
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :)
I run CarFest in Paisley Town Centre. Hopefully get a good attendance of Corvettes there. 14th August is the date for the diary. :)

JetJock

CCCUK Member
Hello. Just joined and looking for a C5 or C6 manual hard top. Doesn't need to be pristine - I'm hoping it'll be all about the driving experience. I apologise to actual Scots for my rather cheesy online name which just seemed momentarily appropriate given my location near Cawdor and my occupation. My wife and son are actual Scots, although, whisper it(?), he likes Cadillacs... :)

Young Bill

CCCUK regional rep
Hello. Just joined and looking for a C5 or C6 manual hard top. Doesn't need to be pristine - I'm hoping it'll be all about the driving experience. I apologise to actual Scots for my rather cheesy online name which just seemed momentarily appropriate given my location near Cawdor and my occupation. My wife and son are actual Scots, although, whisper it(?), he likes Cadillacs... :)
Hiya, There are a few cars for sale but your best option would be to look all over the Uk and get the experience of driving a new to you car home :) Best shakedown ever. Join the club and you will get plenty of assistance. There is a few guys up your way. Pete is in Peternead with a nice C5 that he got down south. If you are on social media add yourself to the Corvette Scotland page. You at Lossie?

JetJock

CCCUK Member
Hi there Bill the Bairn :)
Thanks for the welcome. I've joined the club and I'm on the FB page.
I was at Leuchars, met my wee tuechter quine there, and now live near Cawdor. I used to fly the C47 Dakotas based in Inverness for the oil spill business (including the wreck of the Braer in 93) and now fly Challenger 350 bizjets for a company called Vistajet. My son flies oil support helos out of - where else? - Aberdeen.
I'm away from home a lot, so want something that's turnkey ready and easy to keep that way.
I love the look of the C3s, but I think a later car will work better for me.
Hoping to look at a C5 near Peterborough, and a C6 near Leeds this week. I've bought quite a few cars darn sarf and driven them home over the years.
I suspect the extra power of the C6 will not be particularly useable on our local roads, but it might be slightly easier to keep running, perhaps, and a little more wieldy on narrow roads while taking up less space in my garage among the chainsaws and other gubbins.
I've just realised the C4s are good looking but I haven't started researching them yet.
Looking forward to learning from you all, and meeting in due course.
Regards
Linton

Young Bill

CCCUK regional rep
Awesome Linton,
Spent a good few years of my working life as an aviation firefighter in Glasgow. Got some great experiences in different aircraft, best of which was a trip to Belfast in an Air Atlantique Dakota :D What a buzz. Always been an aviation anorak without the need to stand at a fence with a CAM and a camera.
I've had a C3, C4, C6 and currently a C7 which I may be selling in 6 months or so depending on how well I cope being away from home for the next 2 years with work. C3 is great but not as a daily and you need to be keeping on top of maintenance. C4 was a great car which I used as a kinda daily, C6 was more or less a daily and a brilliant car as is the C7. Easy to maintain and seem to be bulletproof. Always wanted to scratch the C5 itch but not done it..... yet :)

Anything you need, drop me a line.

JetJock

CCCUK Member
Thanks Bill
I'll probably put some information up on the type specific pages after looking at these two cars over the weekend, so will be very grateful for any more advice or information.
Have "fun" :O in the sandpit! (but, not too much fun, as you know, I'm sure...)