Muncie M20 Countergear

turbojet

CCCUK Member
Good afternoon

Quick question has anybody got an M20 Countergrear spear? It's a late one with 25,22,19 and 17 teeth on it. Just stripped the Box and found it has a chipped tooth.

Many thanks.

Cheers
Roger.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Good afternoon

Quick question has anybody got an M20 Countergrear spear? It's a late one with 25,22,19 and 17 teeth on it. Just stripped the Box and found it has a chipped tooth.

Many thanks.

Cheers
Roger.

Hi Roger.

How’s this.

Not 100% up on the various permutations. It’s the correct number of teeth and is out of my 1969 M20 that was originally fitted in a C3

Tim.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Hi Tim
That's it. Is it for sale?

Cheers

Roger.

Yes Roger.

I’m converting my M20 to an M22. So have other bits too if you need them.

I’ve also got a spare set of new torque lock style sliders and baulk rings for the 1” synchro hubs if you need those.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
How’s £50 for the countergear. I’ll have to have a proper look to make sure I’d be happy for it to be used but I think its good.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Well done Roger (y)

Is your linkage correct? I’ve got a Hurst on mine too and all the threaded adjusters were at the shifter end.

turbojet

CCCUK Member
Hi Tim

3rd-4th is threaded at shifter end and 1st-2nd at the casing end. Picture below gives a better view.

Attachments

• 20200526_185355.jpg
    20200526_185355.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 10

turbojet

CCCUK Member
I can only think that it was modified many years ago. It's worked perfectly ok for the 27 years I have had it, oh no I have just put the kiss of death on it now lol. The box is back in the car now, hope to give it a test run next week will let you know how it goes.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I can only think that it was modified many years ago. It's worked perfectly ok for the 27 years I have had it, oh no I have just put the kiss of death on it now lol. The box is back in the car now, hope to give it a test run next week will let you know how it goes.

That was quick work. 🏆