My C4's ECU issue

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
I bit the bullet and paid to get my car recovered from the jerk who screwed up the ECU. He was also going on about battery connection problems. I have just refitted the battery, no connection issue, all dash lights etc working fine, engine cranks over perfectly, but as the ECU no longer has a program, car will not start; but at least I now have the windows closed and no longer need the car cover fitted, so, IF!! we get some decent weather will treat 'baby' to a good wash and polish :)
Next stage is send the ECU off to Corvette Parts in the US - corvetteparts.com - for a full repair and reprogram. Nearly 4 months without my baby :cry:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
OR
getting a tuning tool and with that I could do all the tuning via emails and not requiring the ECM taken out and the long round trip shipping time
Being it is a 1995 ?
The tune is in flash memory of the ECM so tunes I do are flashed in with the tuning tool via the diag port under the dash
In this process you would save the stock tune and later on can flash it back in

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
OR
getting a tuning tool and with that I could do all the tuning via emails and not requiring the ECM taken out and the long round trip shipping time
Being it is a 1995 ?
The tune is in flash memory of the ECM so tunes I do are flashed in with the tuning tool via the diag port under the dash
In this process you would save the stock tune and later on can flash it back in
As this has gone on so long and I don't have the knowledge of this sort of thing, I would rather get the experts to do it for me, also not sure at all of what state the ECM is in, the tuner who caused all this kept telling me different stories, apparently he had the flash chips redone, but did he really? I have no proof either way. And what else got screwed up? This company will replace any damaged parts and will set up to the VIN and current vehicle mileage. Yes I know it's costly, but after the last 3 months, just want my car back working again.