My next Corvette/Times are tough!

Roscobbc

0_AE_DCM_22_09_2022_oldenburg_02jfif.jpg

If you really want a Corvette I heard the German government are struggling to meet budget constraints..........a competitive offer might secure it?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I must admit I wasn’t sure of the colour at first but now on some cars it looks pretty good. A friend has a 911 in it and it looks real nice.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Yes it is - but like black, white, metallic grey, red etc etc it'll go our of fashion.....
Dont tell Ade in Notts who bought my black C7 of me in May that its out of fashion, he'll be upset. I think its looking pretty good after the 3 stage paint correction and ceramic coating.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 15.48.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 15.48.24.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 10

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
When I was a lad I read a book by Nicolas Monseratt titled `Three Corvettes` . I was well disappointed when I found there was not a mention of car in it anywhere ! :ROFLMAO:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
When I was a lad I read a book by Nicolas Monseratt titled `Three Corvettes` . I was well disappointed when I found there was not a mention of car in it anywhere ! :ROFLMAO:
See that he wrote The Cruel Sea. Remember that. And according to Wikipedia thats 3 Corvette Books?

The similar Three Corvettes (1945 and 1953) comprising HM Corvette (set aboard a Flower-class corvette in the North Atlantic), East Coast Corvette (as First Lieutenant of HMS Guillemot) and Corvette Command (as Commanding Officer of HMS Shearwater) is actually an anthology of three true-experience stories he published during the war years and shows appropriate care for what the Censor might say.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
See that he wrote The Cruel Sea. Remember that. And according to Wikipedia thats 3 Corvette Books?

The similar Three Corvettes (1945 and 1953) comprising HM Corvette (set aboard a Flower-class corvette in the North Atlantic), East Coast Corvette (as First Lieutenant of HMS Guillemot) and Corvette Command (as Commanding Officer of HMS Shearwater) is actually an anthology of three true-experience stories he published during the war years and shows appropriate care for what the Censor might say.
HMS Compass Rose et al . (y)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Can't afford the petrol/gas/electric charging, so looks like one of these:

Attachments

• Schwinn Orange County Stingray.jpg
    Schwinn Orange County Stingray.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

antijam

CCCUK Member
Classic and Sports Car mag this month 'compares and contrasts' the Mercedes 500SL and the C4 Corvette, two sports cars that upped their manufactures game in the 1980's. The general conclusion is that the SL is better at the 'car' bit while the C4 wins out in the 'sports' department. The cars feature in a "what can you get for £18k?" article and while that money will get you an SL it will certainly need some work while an £18K C4 is about as good as it gets. C4's still seem excellent value for money.