My Questions

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Contemplating buying a classic V8 for a daily driver to replace my vw polo as it's so god damn boring (once I've sorted out my stingray). I'm thinking a compact muscle car like a 67 firebird because I actually want to be able to fit in a parking space. Also I don't care about fuel economy as I don't drive very far. Thoughts? Am I crazy? (Yes, life is too short).

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Contemplating buying a classic V8 for a daily driver to replace my vw polo as it's so god damn boring (once I've sorted out my stingray). I'm thinking a compact muscle car like a 67 firebird because I actually want to be able to fit in a parking space. Also I don't care about fuel economy as I don't drive very far. Thoughts? Am I crazy? (Yes, life is too short).
Think “no Tax” no mot and think cheap classic insurance, you are Not crazy, just following your heart👍😀

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Does anyone know how to check 100% if C3 sales brochures are original or reprint? I bought the 68 and 69 from Tom Falconer and he got them from swap meets. I love my brochures either way but I just thought I'd ask. Pretty cool these have lasted 50+ years in great condition. Also where were these sales brochures originally placed like in dealerships or just spread out throughout america in waiting rooms like magazines on coffee tables? Thank you guys.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Try this
covers from 1953 to 2022 and only $9 and comes on a CD/D
Grab this as only 2 left

Corvette Sales Brochures 1953 - 2022 is a comprehensive collection of Corvette sales brochures that chronicles the incredible history of the Chevrolet Corvette from its introduction as a Dream Car in January of 1953 to the current world-class sports car.
Every page of each brochure included allows you to zoom in to read all the details for each year. Check out the color charts, the specifications, options, photos, sales pitches and much more as presented in each catalog.
A must-have for any Corvette owner or enthusiast! All pages may be copied to the Windows clipboard for subsequent editing and printing in any graphics package. This is the largest selection of Corvette Sales Brochures available anywhere (nearly 100)! HI-Tech Software titles are for Windows Xp/Vista/7/8/10/11 and later.

OR go here and download as PDFs

51LfQLFrS8L.jpg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Does anyone know how to check 100% if C3 sales brochures are original or reprint? I bought the 68 and 69 from Tom Falconer and he got them from swap meets. I love my brochures either way but I just thought I'd ask. Pretty cool these have lasted 50+ years in great condition. Also where were these sales brochures originally placed like in dealerships or just spread out throughout america in waiting rooms like magazines on coffee tables? Thank you guys.
I dont know but any news on yr sale and hunt james 👍

James Vette

CCCUK Member
@Mad4slalom no sadly nothing yet but will jump at the chance when a good one appears. I will be trying to daily drive it just like they did back in the day and using my vw polo during the winter so I really hope my plan works because I want the full experience rather than every now and then.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
@Mad4slalom no sadly nothing yet but will jump at the chance when a good one appears. I will be trying to daily drive it just like they did back in the day and using my vw polo during the winter so I really hope my plan works because I want the full experience rather than every now and then.
Daily driving 🫣hmm I dont think my nerves would stand it! Think asda car park and a multitude of other scenarios😱. I also love the fact that used sparingly it is always an absolute thrill every time It gets used.I think my biggest issue as a daily would be the having to leave it unattended in lots of places.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Daily driving 🫣hmm I dont think my nerves would stand it! Think asda car park and a multitude of other scenarios😱. I also love the fact that used sparingly it is always an absolute thrill every time It gets used.I think my biggest issue as a daily would be the having to leave it unattended in lots of places.
I would be able to do the daily driving of the car no problem. Daily drove US cars into central London up to early 2000’s.
The leaving a classic chrome bumper C3 ( or any corvette) for that matter parked up could turn nasty. Fine if you’ve got a company car park, otherwise a bit risky. Vandalism is everywhere, and expensive to rectify. Insurance as a daily driver will also be expensive.
Yes, use it on nice days a few times a week and enjoy it.
The oldies had their day as daily’s back in the day. Today they are fair weather drives for the people that appreciate them for what they are.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I don't daily my C3, far from it. But I do like taking it to random places to amuse people. My favourite was when I went to various shops to do a lot of shopping of various things including a large bale of sawdust. Amused people watching me literally fill the C3 right up with the sawdust bale seatbelted into the passenger seat. :ROFLMAO:

Car park dents are a worry indeed, but I'm more concerned about the potential "hedge or car" issues of driving down the narrow country lanes I have to use around here, and not everyone wants to drive them at a sensible speed (I drive them super slow in the C3 :ROFLMAO: ).

Eden_

New user
James will have to see which engine and tranny for his 1971 C3 as to the build code (suffix below) and then match it to GM 1971 specs
As HP ranged from 270 to 425 flywheel HP depending on engine and tranny it has

View attachment 14359

Then he needs to take this 170-page GM archive I obtained and is attached to this post
I suggest he reads it in depth and make a couple of copies of it as it goes far into detail of design and build specs for 1971 C3

Enjoy the read !
Thanks! This information will be very useful to me