My Questions

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Love a yellow vette. Does anyone know if some years gm just changed the names of the colours ? ie 71 daytona yellow became sunflower yellow in 72. They look identical in the pics 🤔

antijam

CCCUK Member
@Mad4slalom yes I'm selling my project stingray because I have no time or space to work on it and I want to get a show quality stingray now I've saved up.
It was less than a year ago you were wondering how to afford the insurance on your present 'Vette James. If you're now after a show quality 69/70, things must be looking up! :) (y)

James Vette

CCCUK Member
@antijam yes I found a better paid job (but most importantly better work environment) and much better insurance deal with a lesser known company.
@Mad4slalom I don't really spend money except for the essentials so yeah and thank you. (y)

antijam

CCCUK Member
@antijam yes I found a better paid job (but most importantly better work environment) and much better insurance deal with a lesser known company.
Congratulations James - good luck with your search. A 'show quality' '69/'70 C3 Coupé will cost you in the reason of £25/30k and even then 'show quality' doesn't guarantee it won't need some work. Unless it's been rebuilt from scratch - and then had a proper 'shake down', there are very, very few 50 year old cars that won't need some attention during early ownership. You'll be better off buying in the UK since unless you take a trip to the States to inspect a prospective buy with a fine tooth comb you'll be taking someone else's assessment on trust. If you're set on '69/'70 - and it has to be Yellow - your choices will be pretty limited; you will probably have a long wait for the right car to turn up. I'm not trying to discourage you - you deserve to find the car you want, just be realistic about the timescale to find the right one. (y)

James Vette

CCCUK Member
@antijam not set on yellow just thought it'd be cool and different. Definitely has to be 69-72 coupe. Thanks. I'm not in a rush as I want my next stingray to be perfect.

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
I know of a 68 for sale due to bereavment. I'm speaking to the son of the owner at a car show today. i've no idea of asking price, but it's had about £25k spent on it in the last couple of years -
This is the gist of the parts on the corvette. All new parts from Real steel, Jegs, Summit and corvette kingdom.
Dewitts aluminium radiator with twin electric fans. New radiator hoses. New goodwrench Chevrolet 350 V8 crate motor with four bolt mains. Edelbrock Performer inlet manifold. Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminium cylinder heads. Edelbrock Performer RPM camshaft and lifter kit. ARP bolt kit used. Cloyes performer timing chain kit. Sachs clutch kit. New engine mounts. New starter motor. New 140 amp alternator. New water pump.
Holley Sniper fuel injection kit. Petronix 3 ignition kit.
Modern Driveline hydraulic clutch kit. New T5 gearbox and propshaft.
Global West tubular front control arms. New front coil springs. Single leaf rear spring conversion. New front and rear gas shock absorbers. Ididit swivel steering column.
Car is in Dundee and it's green.

Pete

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I know of a 68 for sale due to bereavment. I'm speaking to the son of the owner at a car show today. i've no idea of asking price, but it's had about £25k spent on it in the last couple of years -
This is the gist of the parts on the corvette. All new parts from Real steel, Jegs, Summit and corvette kingdom.
Dewitts aluminium radiator with twin electric fans. New radiator hoses. New goodwrench Chevrolet 350 V8 crate motor with four bolt mains. Edelbrock Performer inlet manifold. Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminium cylinder heads. Edelbrock Performer RPM camshaft and lifter kit. ARP bolt kit used. Cloyes performer timing chain kit. Sachs clutch kit. New engine mounts. New starter motor. New 140 amp alternator. New water pump.
Holley Sniper fuel injection kit. Petronix 3 ignition kit.
Modern Driveline hydraulic clutch kit. New T5 gearbox and propshaft.
Global West tubular front control arms. New front coil springs. Single leaf rear spring conversion. New front and rear gas shock absorbers. Ididit swivel steering column.
Car is in Dundee and it's green.

Pete
Wow! That has had a lot of money spent on it and some serious upgrades, that should drive really well. Exciting time for you as you now know what you want and can take your time finding your dream car 👍

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
I spoke yesterday with the 2 son's that were left their Dad's Corvette and they are looking for around £35k for it. They also have a lovely Firebird to sell too. Such a shame, but life really is too short. If anyone is interested I can get contact details.

Pete

phild

CCCUK Member
@antijam not set on yellow just thought it'd be cool and different. Definitely has to be 69-72 coupe. Thanks. I'm not in a rush as I want my next stingray to be perfect.

Be aware that yellow cars will always attract flies. I have a yellow car and in a line of different coloured cars mine is always the one covered in insects. :(:(