My Questions

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
View attachment 20771

Would fathom green (1969) work with red interior?

Not sure to be honest. I could live with it as I absolutely love red interiors. As it’s a dark green metallic I think it would work.
I like metallic blue with a red interior. Never a factory option, they did do one 1965 convertible in Nassau blue poly with a red interior for a GM exec. I thought it looked real nice in the photo’s.

Letank

CCCUK Member
I think Black, Grey/Silver or White cars work best with a red interior (in that order) 👍

I have seen some nice Red on red cars over the years but I personally prefer a contrasting interior. (He says with a Triple Black 69 😂)

Tuxedo Black with Red interior would be my choice 69 though. 😍

F4C3FB02-4318-40CA-A1BA-B9C2D82F5A13.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Totally agree that the two best contrasting colours are Black/red and white/red. I also love red/red.
White car red interior was the most popular colour of C3’s that we have imported over the years. It really suits the car.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Expanding on my reply to your question James, a 1994 corvette although nearly 30 years old is still a “modern “ car.
It’s easy to drive, with a nice comfortable interior and creature comforts. It’s not an overly large car so easy to control. Yes, the LHD could be a problem in some places, but once you’re used to it, it’s not a problem, and using it every day you will soon be used to it. The only problem nowadays will be its fuel consumption depending on your miles per week.
I’ve used C4’s as daily’s for years in the 80’s &90’s in central London without problems of course the traffic was less then. I wouldn’t hesitate to use one today as a daily.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It might seem a little strange at first, but the more you do it the easier it becomes.
Myself I’ve always preferred automatic American cars as I found US clutches are rather heavy.

Roscobbc

"I found US clutches are rather heavy"
That was always the case years ago where perhaps an old school 'long style' 'performance aftermarket replacement clutch was used - ever driven a stock C6 Z06 and compared the clutch pedal 'weight' with a stock C6?.......the stock C6 I recall driving had a heavier pedal pressure than a Z06 (as I recall).
I've had a Centreforce dual friction diaphragm unit in my C3 for the last 8 years or so and despite being rate as capable of handling 700 hp it has a lighter pedal pressure than the stock spec' unit I replaced.......perhaps not as light as a modern city hatchback but light enough for my dodgy spine and knackered ankle to deal with.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I haven’t driven modern US manuals as I’m an auto man, so my memory relates to the oldies. Put it in D, and away you go.

Roscobbc

I haven’t driven modern US manuals as I’m an auto man, so my memory relates to the oldies. Put it in D, and away you go.
Have to admit its an attractive option.......me, I like the close ratios of an M21......use all ratios for big time fun......short shift perhaps from 1st to 3rd, even 4th if lazy. Modern manuals with 6, even 7 ratios just seem like too much work.......

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The switch starting with C4s to hydraulic for clutch pedal reduced the amount of leg pressure required
I can remember in having C3s what it was like holding pedal down in a lot of stop/go traffic and long stop lights was tougher on
leg over today's clutch feel

James, if shifting with right arm is hard for you
You always mount the side flipped around . . . .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The switch starting with C4s to hydraulic for clutch pedal reduced the amount of leg pressure required
I can remember in having C3s what it was like holding pedal down in a lot of stop/go traffic and long stop lights was tougher on
leg over today's clutch feel

James, if shifting with right arm is hard for you
You always mount the side flipped around . . . .
I remember driving a couple of C4 manuals with the nash 4+3 and they were lighter on the left leg than a C3 and other manuals. All I’m gonna say is “go auto” 😂

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
How hard is it to drive LHD manual? I know americans will be used to it.
Its not a problem at all. My C3 is manual and to be honest I think I probably find the gearstick being operated by my right hand a bit easier. As for clutch weight, granted I only have a little 327 engine (dunno if that makes any difference compared to the big blocks?), but I find the clutch pedal lighter than some modern cars, and definitely lighter than the "90s" UK spec diesel cars that I learnt to drive in. Best thing to do would be to drive a manual C4 and see what its like.