My Questions

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I was thinking of getting one too, and then fitting cold air feed pipes up to them. Be interested to see how people do them.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
In the past I have fitted a cold air feed flexible duct on my V8 Marcos . I have also fitted a cold air duct to the K&N induction system I have fitted to my Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi but in both cases it was quite straight forward . I have pondered the issue for the C3 but the problem I have is lack of clearance to get a clear route through the low nose area that`s not hindered by the radiator .

Roscobbc

In the past I have fitted a cold air feed flexible duct on my V8 Marcos . I have also fitted a cold air duct to the K&N induction system I have fitted to my Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi but in both cases it was quite straight forward . I have pondered the issue for the C3 but the problem I have is lack of clearance to get a clear route through the low nose area that`s not hindered by the radiator .
And there lies the probem - the C3 radiator takes-up all the available space in the front end - the only option is feeding from below the radiator/front grille/airdam area. This is why you don't see too many supercharged or turbo C3's - there is little room for an intercooler and even less space for a route for the chilled air hoses to reach the engine.............

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Does anyone happen to have a C3 automatic shifter handle for sale? Corvette Kingdom wants almost 30 quid with delivery added on. Maybe there is a similar alternative on Amazon or something? Thank you.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Does anyone happen to have a C3 automatic shifter handle for sale? Corvette Kingdom wants almost 30 quid with delivery added on. Maybe there is a similar alternative on Amazon or something? Thank you.
For some reason I thought you had a manual James. 30 quid seems like a pretty good deal to me james to get the right part for a 50 year old vehicle without having to hunt around for ages, pick up that phone and get it ordered , you know it makes sense, we are talking the price of a pint and a pizza here ☝️👍

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
James, you can get kits for $100 or less if just for hood

Just do this on hood being cool, not sunny, hood clean
Use soapy water as this way you can slide it around to fit the way you want
Use a something like a credit card to smooth it all down and push any air bubbles out

stripe.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
What about the mirror itself? Always falls down. Tried superglue. Thanks.
I have this problem and looked around the internet for solutions. The common solution sadly seems to be "replace them". Probably a little bit of clear outside sealant nabbed in the right place underneath should hold it in place.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I have this problem and looked around the internet for solutions. The common solution sadly seems to be "replace them". Probably a little bit of clear outside sealant nabbed in the right place underneath should hold it in place.
I recall reading of a repair part you can buy , then remove the glass to access it and when fitted , it tightens up the loose ball joint 🤔👍
Or it may have been a you tube video fix . Have a google 👍

Corvette

Well-known user
James, are you still looking for one of these? this one was from an unlucky 69 so will fit yours.

Attachments

• 1E2C7FE7-2470-48A9-A09E-7DD3A09C9282.jpeg
    1E2C7FE7-2470-48A9-A09E-7DD3A09C9282.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 6

James Vette

CCCUK Member
@Corvette yes I am. I am not too keen on the wooden one the previous owner put on. I only need the black ball handle and probably the button and spring unless my current one would fit it. How much would you want? DM me? Thank you.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
How much fuel does a 350 V8 waste on warming up? Say 5 minute warm up to get the engine up to proper operating temperature. Thank you.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
How much fuel does a 350 V8 waste on warming up? Say 5 minute warm up to get the engine up to proper operating temperature. Thank you.
It depends - are you driving it whilst its warming up, or are you letting it sit there idling for 5 minutes before driving? If you are driving it, no fuel is wasted - its used propelling the vehicle. If you are sat there idling, then yeah you've wasted 5 minutes worth of fuel. As to how many litres etc, that'd depend on the level of tune of your engine, how happy it is, whether its running lean or rich, your choke works etc etc.

When I start mine, I just drive out of the garage immediately. Granted then it idles for half a minute whilst I close the garage door, or it stalled for a laugh so I have to restart it after I've closed the door. Then I drive off.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just idling for 5 minutes will not get it up to proper working temperature if you are not going to drive off immediately . There will still be condensation in the exhaust system that will collect and slowly corrode it and a rich fuel mixture on cols start can wash the cylinder bores if all you do is switch off and put it back to bed again . If all you want to do is turn the engine over periodically over the winter to get some oil round it then just crank it over on the starter motor without ffiring it up . You need to keep it hooked up to battery conditioner to that though .