My Questions

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I still need to call around to find a better premium. Dreading it. 📞🤦‍♂️
Phone every one up you can. If it’s only coming out now and again get Daddy to insure it with you as a driver. As you’re probably only going to drive it now and again it won’t matter. As long as you have an everyday car insured, it’s very hard to prove ‘you’ as the main driver.

Last edited:

James Vette

CCCUK Member
76856455-DE1B-40C1-A480-B096BF3FAB19.png

This is a long shot but would anyone have a C3 big block hood OR C3 stinger hood in red for sale? I saw this on youtube and thought it was pretty badass. I know it's a rare chance that someone has a red one for sale but it's always worth asking. If not, will look around again when I repaint the entire car as I don't have much storage space.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
View attachment 19038

This is a long shot but would anyone have a C3 big block hood OR C3 stinger hood in red for sale? I saw this on youtube and thought it was pretty badass. I know it's a rare chance that someone has a red one for sale but it's always worth asking. If not, will look around again when I repaint the entire car as I don't have much storage space.
I am after a short Bb or LT 1 Hood too James, great minds think alike, 😁 not familiar with the stinger hood you mentioned, I am personally not keen on the L88 style hoods but are sometimes needed for hi rise manifold set ups. 👍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I have one (not for sale), and Mad, here is what yours would look like with the blue (and OMG I'd forgotten how small that council garage was that I used to store it in for a while - literally about a centimetre or two smaller than the garage opening. I rarely drove the car back then as it was a PITA getting it in there):
20200609_164044.jpg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I have one (not for sale), and Mad, here is what yours would look like with the blue (and OMG I'd forgotten how small that council garage was that I used to store it in for a while - literally about a centimetre or two smaller than the garage opening. I rarely drove the car back then as it was a PITA getting it in there):
View attachment 19046
Oooh Cap K , there is something that just does’nt sit right with your hood !! 🤔…. That’s it !! It’s not sat on MY Vette !!🤣🤣🤣👍 that pic just confirms that I shall change the hood if one comes up .👍
Your vette looks lovely , I would stress trying to get it in and out of there, did you have to extricate yourself through the T tops 🤣 so glad my vette room is finally getting there.C79BC861-E75E-4329-8A5D-7484308E77B1.jpeg6B45CB1A-A156-4F78-A350-F1548291D29A.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Would look better if the hood bulge was black to match the stinger, as it was intended to be.
Stingers were usually painted the same colour as the cars interior.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Oooh Cap K , there is something that just does’nt sit right with your hood !! 🤔…. That’s it !! It’s not sat on MY Vette !!🤣🤣🤣👍 that pic just confirms that I shall change the hood if one comes up .👍
Your vette looks lovely , I would stress trying to get it in and out of there, did you have to extricate yourself through the T tops 🤣 so glad my vette room is finally getting there.
The funny thing is, my bonnet came with the car and when I bought it I didn't know that it was anything special. I just thought that it was the normal bonnet. It was only a year or so later I found out about it.

And yes, I did stress A LOT every time I had to put the car in that garage. Gave me nightmares, especially as the wingmirrors are of no use for reversing as they are "inboard" compared to the rear wheel arches sticking out. Once past the door opening (which was literally only about 1 or 2 cm larger than the car, thus you had to line it up perfectly), the garage inside was a fraction wider so I put a towel or summat on the door edge and opened it up to the wall and then slithered out very ungracefully.

* As for lining it up perfectly - that was super hard too. That photo above I was up against the garage block opposite my garage to take the photo, so only about 1 and a half max Corvette length's distance between the two blocks. I had to reverse all the way from the road down the garage blocks to mine, do a MANY point turn in front of my garage (especially if other cars were parked nearby) and then keep getting in and out of the Vette to eyeball the sides to see if it was gonna touch the garage if I reversed. When it looked like it was lined up, I just had to reverse blind and pray - made worse that it was an incline into the garage at the front, so had to go back with some gusto too. Now you see why I rarely drove it in those days.

Thankfully these days I have a driveway down to my double garage so I can easily line it up, and the garage door opening (two single garage doors to the one double garage) is 50 cm larger than the one in the photo above. Doesn't sound much, but believe it its like the size of the English channel when it comes to being easy to put the car in there now.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Upgrading the hood to a LT1 or Big Block one on a early C3 ie 1968-73 was always a popular thing to do on a standard hooded corvette.
Factory hoods were available over the counter at very reasonable prices. Then the aftermarket ones started to appear, and were even cheaper.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Upgrading the hood to a LT1 or Big Block one on a early C3 ie 1968-73 was always a popular thing to do on a standard hooded corvette.
Factory hoods were available over the counter at very reasonable prices. Then the aftermarket ones started to appear, and were even cheaper.
unfortunately they all seem to be in the usa😩
Is american horsepower and torque ratings the same as ours? A neighbour was saying my car had low power for a 5.7 V8 so I was confused. Also I had to put E10 in today (I found an E5 pump last time) so will this cause problems or is it ok every now and then? Thanks bit worried. Any additive recommendations and where to buy them?
I dont let it drop below half full, then hopefully you dont get to a situation where you have no option but to use E10👍