Nationals 2023/ American Speed fest/ same dates

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Gents, much as I admire your desire to set up another event such as a track day, could you please start a new subject/thread as this one is supposed to be about the clash of dates between the CCCUK nationals and American Speedfest.
Thanks in anticipation...

Snetterton

CCCUK regional rep
A joint Snetterton circuit session sounds good for the club. Alas, that's a 10 hour round trip for me. Anyone up for Dakota / Smeatharpe Raceway? :ROFLMAO:
That's the problem! As a National club we probably need similar "alliances" elsewhere. We used to join Pistonheads East Anglia on some of their events, but the organiser there changed. The cost of putting on a track day is very high unfortunately, therefore I don't think a stand alone day/evening for the club is possible, bearing in mind the limited number, the insurance issues raised earlier etc

Snetterton

CCCUK regional rep
Gents, much as I admire your desire to set up another event such as a track day, could you please start a new subject/thread as this one is supposed to be about the clash of dates between the CCCUK nationals and American Speedfest.
Thanks in anticipation...
Sorry, you are right, it's just evolved!
If I have anything to add I'll start a new thread!!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Well I'm going to resurrect this thread to ask a question.

I'm happy to make the arrangements for the club members that want to go to Santa Pod for the RWYB on Saturday 15th July but I need a volunteer to pick it up on the day and make the final arrangements i.e. get everyone there. All of us on the Committee have too many things to do at the Nationals to even consider leaving the venue ruling us out. If we're going to set it up we can't afford to have such a small turnout as per last year.

Reply here or to nationals@corvetteclub.org.uk to volunteer or to confirm intent to go please.

I'll even throw in a committee style polo shirt for whoever takes the lead ;)

Stuart

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep

I'm happy to make the arrangements for the club members that want to go to Santa Pod for the RWYB on Saturday 15th July but I need a volunteer to pick it up on the day and make the final arrangements i.e. get everyone there. All of us on the Committee have too many things to do at the Nationals to even consider leaving the venue ruling us out. If we're going to set it up we can't afford to have such a small turnout as per last year.

Reply here or to nationals@corvetteclub.org.uk to volunteer or to confirm intent to go please.

Stuart
Sorry , I can`t help you out with this as I will have my good lady wife in tow and she will not at all impressed with the idea of hangiing about at Santa Pod . Plus don`t know what time we will arrive at Sywell on Saturday . Hope it all works out though .

buzbee

CCCUK Member
Sorry , I can`t help you out with this as I will have my good lady wife in tow and she will not at all impressed with the idea of hangiing about at Santa Pod . Plus don`t know what time we will arrive at Sywell on Saturday . Hope it all works out though .
Hi Stuart
I will be going to Santa pod on the Saturday as last year but in my Camaro not my C3....... The entrance for Santa pod now has to be paid in Advance and then a Run what ya Brung ticket purchased in advance when ordering entrance ticket ,if you wish to see how fast your car is in real terms and not just dreaming about it....... im guessing most members would prefer to just dream and not pay the money but for any who wish to do so, myself and Ray Yorkshire will be heading there fairly early in the morning if any one wishes to follow on..... or they can contact me to find out what its like and any more info
Thanks for all your hard work it really is appreciated ...........Dave .

buzbee

CCCUK Member

Stuart
Hi Stuart........ i just replied but not sure if on this thread........old age creeping in i fear ...

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Hi Stuart
I will be going to Santa pod on the Saturday as last year but in my Camaro not my C3....... The entrance for Santa pod now has to be paid in Advance and then a Run what ya Brung ticket purchased in advance when ordering entrance ticket ,if you wish to see how fast your car is in real terms and not just dreaming about it....... im guessing most members would prefer to just dream and not pay the money but for any who wish to do so, myself and Ray Yorkshire will be heading there fairly early in the morning if any one wishes to follow on..... or they can contact me to find out what its like and any more info
Thanks for all your hard work it really is appreciated ...........Dave .
Thanks Dave. I'll have a think to see the best way of getting to members that may be interested - maybe put something in the next VN.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
,if you wish to see how fast your car is in real terms and not just dreaming about it.......
My 1968 C3 327 is about as fast as my 2007 Focus 2 litre diesel I had. Obviously not "that" fast then, but its enough for me and the C3 is fun to drive. An official drag event would be fun though (done them in my FTO before), but I'd be letting the side down with a rubbish time :ROFLMAO: