New boots

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Treating the old girl to a new set of boots this morning, and I'm not talking about the wife!
Hi Nick B, I was wondering how your new Cobras were performing? They certainly look fantastic. What do they feel like, grip & road noise etc. Did you order them yourself or did the tyre fitters get them. Cheers.

Nick B

CCCUK Member
The Coopers are great, I've had them on other Yanks before. Compared to the old Tiger Paws that were on the car they are quieter, track better and have more grip. I bought them online and had them delivered direct to my local tyre centre who fitted them for me. IMHO they look the bizzo and perform perfectly well on a 50 year old classic car.

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the heads-up! Looked down that route myself. Might see if my local guys can get them direct at a similar price. I've seen fitting quoted £12 to 20 Inc balance etc. Does that sound about right?

Nick B

CCCUK Member
I paid £97 each for the tyres which included vat & delivery then £18 per tyre for fitting and balancing.

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Thank you for your appraisal, it's helped me to make a decision. I've order cooper cobra's from Roundtrip on tinternet, £107 all in delivered & vat. Fitting at local place £15.each.You did very well at £97, are they 255/60/15?

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Yes looking forward to seeing the Cooper's on the car. The Firehawk's were on when I got it, & were OEM in 78. They have the Indianapolis Speedway logo moulded in them and also on the limited edition 78 pace car.