New Member Alert!

Spicer89

Well-known user
Hello everyone.

I'm Tom. recently Bought a C4 89 (convertible) Vette in black rose metallic with beige roof! must have been a special order as this was not an official production colour for this year and was imported in 89 to the UK. Bought from an older man in the wirral who was a pervious club member (who advised me to join) I'm on the wirral my self. Joined the club for future support, fun and games! She has recently had all 8 fuel injectors, gaskets and battery replaced before purchase and is in great condition / full working order.

Here is a few pictures below for those intrested.

look forward to being involved.

Best
Tom

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 33

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
Interesting C4......! Black Rose metallic (code 73) was first available from the factory in 1992......your engine is TPI and appears to be correct for 1989 (replaced by LT1 in 1992). Wonder when the car was painted '73' - might be worth finding out. What color codes are on the service label? (should be on the glove box door of the central console; if the service label says 73, you have quite a rare car).The car didn't leave Bowling green with those wheels, either! (They look a bit like C5 ZO6 efforts).
Enjoy your ride!
J.C. (1911)

Spicer89

Well-known user
Oh wow, thanks for your reply.
Ill check the service label later in the week when home and let you know. Apparently its not a respray so would be interesting to find out.

Yes I think they are from a Z06, Crome dipped unsure on the particular year. The manual reads not to go over 85 mph with the original wheels and tyres on the vehicle, Im guessing this is why they have been changed along the way!

Fab ride.
Thanks for the interest.

Tom

Motorbikes

Regular user
Welcome, I've got a C4 in the North West too. Ended up with a nice 1996 LT1 car after a bit of a search- spent a bit more than planned but that's how it goes! Hopefully see you at a meet locally.

Spicer89

Well-known user
Amazing! Would love to see a picture. Think of it as an investment :LOL:. Hopefully I work Sundays, I see most meetings are arranged on this day. Nevertheless I'm sure some will pop up on days I'm free to take a ride on the wild side.
Look forward to meeting you

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
It's a 2010 Grand Sport and manual 6-speed, just off out in it actually, gotta grab the sunshine when we can get it. One of the Central North members has a 1986 C4 in red the he purchased in 1990 when he was the ripe old age of 25! He still has it 30 years later, perhaps that's a record in the UK - whoi knows? You take care and enjoy your ride ;)(y) ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Spicer89

Well-known user
Haha wow thatโ€™s some going! sounds like like a record to me! Iโ€™m 31, letโ€™s hope I still have this beauty when Iโ€™m 60, or even a collection of different generations by then ๐Ÿ˜‚
The grand sport sounds gorgeous, hope you had a good ride Out!! โ˜€๏ธ

Iโ€™ll try my best, v8 in this weather!! ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Motorbikes

Regular user
Amazing! Would love to see a picture. Think of it as an investment :LOL:. Hopefully I work Sundays, I see most meetings are arranged on this day. Nevertheless I'm sure some will pop up on days I'm free to take a ride on the wild side.
Look forward to meeting you
Few pics and details in here: 1996 Corvette

Essentially, I got it home and realised it wouldn't get up the drive into the garage! I've potentially found somewhere to store it now so will be coming off sale if that goes ahead.

Spicer89

Well-known user

Essentially, I got it home and realised it wouldn't get up the drive into the garage! I've potentially found somewhere to store it now so will be coming off sale if that goes ahead.

Sheโ€™s a fine example, would have been tempted my self hadnโ€™t I got mine. Bet she purrs nice. Hope you can enjoy her now youโ€™ve found storage... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Interesting C4......! Black Rose metallic (code 73) was first available from the factory in 1992......your engine is TPI and appears to be correct for 1989 (replaced by LT1 in 1992). Wonder when the car was painted '73' - might be worth finding out. What color codes are on the service label? (should be on the glove box door of the central console; if the service label says 73, you have quite a rare car).The car didn't leave Bowling green with those wheels, either! (They look a bit like C5 ZO6 efforts).
Enjoy your ride!
J.C. (1911)

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
One of the Central North members has a 1986 C4 in red the he purchased in 1990 when he was the ripe old age of 25! He still has it 30 years later, perhaps that's a record in the UK - whoi knows?
Paul, I bought my โ€˜86 convertible in โ€˜86 at the age of 26 to replace my โ€˜68 Convertible that Iโ€™d bought at 20. I brought the โ€˜86 to the UK with me in 1990. I also still have it, so it would depend on how you measure the record. I also know a few folks in this club that have owned their Corvettes over 35 years. So 30 years owning the same Corvette is an amazing feat, but not a record, not even here in the UK.:cool:๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ