New UK Member with C8 build-slot in May... Driving in Europe

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
I recently paid the balance of my deposit and have a build-slot in May. I drive abroad quite often and just wondered about whether C8 lighting adjustment is needed for driving on the right and whether, if required, it's done through lighting controls in the infotainment centre. Cannot see anything in the handbook. 🤔

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi Rich. Dont have a C8, but saw a few when I was at Ian Allan yesterday ;) Ade in Notts tells me that a UK spec, and presumably mainland Europe spec, C8s have "flat beam" headlights. On the UK/mainland Europe spec C6s and C7s, these had specific headlights for the UK/Mainland Europe versions. US spec C6s/C7s could be imported/registered in the UK without changing the headlights, as they are "flat beam."
So reckon they cant be/dont need to be adjusted for driving in Europe as "flat Beam". I'd confirm that with Ian Allan. Dont know if you aware, but Craig at IA has set up a Facebook page for UK C8 owners, Cheers/Peter

Rich Steel

CCCUK Member
Hi Rich. Dont have a C8, but saw a few when I was at Ian Allan yesterday ;) Ade in Notts tells me that a UK spec, and presumably mainland Europe spec, C8s have "flat beam" headlights. On the UK/mainland Europe spec C6s and C7s, these had specific headlights for the UK/Mainland Europe versions. US spec C6s/C7s could be imported/registered in the UK without changing the headlights, as they are "flat beam."
So reckon they cant be/dont need to be adjusted for driving in Europe as "flat Beam". I'd confirm that with Ian Allan. Dont know if you aware, but Craig at IA has set up a Facebook page for UK C8 owners, Cheers/Peter
Many thanks, Peter. Much appreciated.. and, no, I didn't know about the FB page.