Nice read

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Well with nothing major in the calendar impending today, I was unexpectedly surprised when the postman turned up at 10.30am with my latest copy of Vette News, so that was me set for at least half a days reading. I won't post any spoilers just to say what a great read, very informative, good quality pictures and just enough content. Thanks to all those who contributed articles for this magazine, and the magazine composition, Colin Bruce editor and Nigel Dobbie for most of the lakes pictures.

phild

CCCUK Member
Well with nothing major in the calendar impending today, I was unexpectedly surprised when the postman turned up at 10.30am with my latest copy of Vette News, so that was me set for at least half a days reading. I won't post any spoilers just to say what a great read, very informative, good quality pictures and just enough content. Thanks to all those who contributed articles for this magazine, and the magazine composition, Colin Bruce editor and Nigel Dobbie for most of the lakes pictures.
Got my copy on Saturday, a great read as usual. I enjoyed Chuffer's article as it made a nice contrast and added balance to the magazine. Thanks to all responsible for its production. (y)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks phild , glad you enjoyed the article , I was a bit worried it might be a bit too ` off topic` for some members . Mind you , I haven`t seen it yet as still waiting for my mag ! :cry:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My copy has just arrived , not read it from cover to cover yet . I will savour that with a glass of Scotch tonight , but congratulations must go to our new editor Colin Bruce and his team for a fabulous mag with some nice liitle editorial touches . Thank`s Colin for taking on the important role of editor . Pity some eejit spoilt it by rambling on about steam injins !! 🤣 🤣

curious bystander

CCCUK Member
You can bet your bottom dollar that certain club members will be most displeased seeing an article in Vette News all about steam engines. Probably writing to the Committee to express outrage as we speak.
Excellent article Mike and I take my hat off to you for your skills and dedication to help save Britain's heritage.
Climbing into a hot firebox to remove clinker at midnight must make a body off C3 restoration seem reasonably pleasant :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You can bet your bottom dollar that certain club members will be most displeased seeing an article in Vette News all about steam engines. Probably writing to the Committee to express outrage as we speak.
Excellent article Mike and I take my hat off to you for your skills and dedication to help save Britain's heritage.
Climbing into a hot firebox to remove clinker at midnight must make a body off C3 restoration seem reasonably pleasant :ROFLMAO:
Thanks Bill , and you can be sure that either a hot firebox or a hot smokebox is not somewhere hang about for long !!! You need to be wearing a very thick boiler suite and heavy duty leather gloves . Good for sweating off a few pounds though . :LOL: