No Gas, So sell my Car says the Greenies

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Analysis of search data reveals that searches for ‘sell my car’ in the U.S. exploded 222% from September 2022 to an all-time high in U.S. history. Economist Stephen Roach said that the U.S. needs a miracle to avoid a recession.

The analysis, by car buying experts, reveals that searches for ‘sell my car’ exploded to over three times the average volume in September, an unprecedented increase in people searching for ‘sell my car’.

The data also reveals that searches for ‘how to sell my car’ and ‘sell car’ skyrocketed 145% and 104%, respectively, in August.

Between 25 August and 01 September, searches for ‘sell my car’ spiked by 177% on August 28th, as the Federal Reserve announced more interest rate increases are to go ahead, further increasing corporation’s prices at the expense of American households.

Searches for ‘sell my car’ increased by an additional 15% on 04 September, as the U.S. Labor Department announced that the unemployment rate has risen from 3.5% to 3.7%.

The ten states with the highest level of search interest in the term ‘sell my car’ over the past 12 months are:

1. Michigan
2. Arizona
3. California
4. Nevada
5. South Carolina
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. Ohio
0. Texas
10. Colorado

“The U.S. has already dealt with rising bills over the past few months due to inflation and the soaring costs of gas. Now, as experts such as Stephen Roach are predicting that a recession is looming, consumers are having to make cutbacks in order to save money. Data reveals that more households are looking to sell their car to bring in some extra income.

We will likely see this trend continue if the cost of living remains high and the U.S. continues negative growth into the fall

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
If we convert a US gallon to litre, its 3.78. Our current petrol price is at the lowest of £1.60 ($1.79) a litre, so US Gallon is already over £6 ($6.72) minimum here for us. It was £2 ($2.24) a litre not so long ago, which is £7.56 ($8.46) a US gallon.

I would LOVE for our prices to be the same as your max of $5 a US Gallon. :cool: :D

Note: US Gallons are different size to UK Gallon. Using 1 GBP to 1.12 USD as currently saying on Google.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
If we convert a US gallon to litre, its 3.78. Our current petrol price is at the lowest of £1.60 ($1.79) a litre, so US Gallon is already over £6 ($6.72) minimum here for us. It was £2 ($2.24) a litre not so long ago, which is £7.56 ($8.46) a US gallon.

I would LOVE for our prices to be the same as your max of $5 a US Gallon. :cool: :D

Note: US Gallons are different size to UK Gallon. Using 1 GBP to 1.12 USD as currently saying on Google.
Our colonial cousins in the US have whinged about the cost of their gas for years , the just don`t understand the costs of driving a car in the UK .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Keep in mind those prices are for the low grade gas 87 octane and is higher for what we use in performance vehicles like the Corvette
Also for those like me that will not use gas that has Ethanol in it, we use straight gas which is another $1 plus a gallon

And I suspect we drive lots more miles here in the USA than in UK
Just last weekend I went to a Corvette meeting was around 150 miles round trip and that is normal type of driving here
so we go through a tank of gas quickly and think about the gas costs when I'd drive from Silicon Valley in Ca and round trip from Chicago Il
that is like 6,000 miles with speeds over 70 MPH plus

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Don`t forget that we pay substantially more per litre too for 99 Octane Ethanol free gas than the basic prices that CaptainK quoted and I will not use anything else in the Vette .
Granted you guys have a lot more space to drive around in over there in the US than we do in the overly conjested UK .

Roscobbc

Don`t forget that we pay substantially more per litre too for 99 Octane Ethanol free gas than the basic prices that CaptainK quoted and I will not use anything else in the Vette .
Granted you guys have a lot more space to drive around in over there in the US than we do in the overly conjested UK .
Yeah but having said all that - would you fancy taking a straight-line 500 mile trip somewhere across endless crop fields or open Savanna for mile after mile with minimal scenery other than the occasional farm or homestead - it would be a wonderful recipe for insomnia!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah but having said all that - would you fancy taking a straight-line 500 mile trip somewhere across endless crop fields or open Savanna for mile after mile with minimal scenery other than the occasional farm or homestead - it would be a wonderful recipe for insomnia!
Drove the length of Utah with the road stretching from horizon to horizon and nothing standing higher than a sage bush for miles around . Awesome and slightly daunting in equal measure .Utah Road.JPG

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Yes, apologies - I forgot to state that my calculations was for basic standard Unleaded. I know the petrol ratings differ in the US compared to UK, and I think your 87 MON rating is the same as our 95 RON rating for basic unleaded fuel. Over here, our "Super" unleaded ranges from 97 to 99 RON (mostly low ethanol, but some without it), which I guess is around 89 to 91 MON in the US.

We don't talk much about Super unleaded prices over here. Its too saddening. You just fill up the car and pay for fuel without looking at it. Needless to say that if you did look at the extra fuel cost, you'd realise that you're paying more than another mortgage repayment just on super unleaded :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: