Number plate lamp

Sparky

CCCUK Member
Having recently ordered a new number plate lamp assembly because the one on my C3 was broken I was checking underneath and found another assembly bolted to the rear bumper (and wired) that could have no possible effect to illuminate anything other than behind the bumper?? Anyone have an ideas what this was for?.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
It is the spare wheel light. It should illuminate when you switch on the interior lights, and will light up the spare wheel area. Apparently, an aid if you have a puncture at night. Almost all I've heard of have had the bulb removed (my own included), so its clearly not considered that useful! Mine does work, but I removed the bulb after testing it.

Sparky

CCCUK Member
Brilliant, thanks for that, I guess that I might have realised what it was for if the spare was in position, I took it out for cleaning. And yes, the lamp was removed from my assembly as well :)

trevbeadle

CCCUK Member
my bulb was missing too but now on replacement works perfectly on the interior courtesy light delay, so I don't know why the bulb was missing!!