Number Plates

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Not worth the risk IMO , especially at your tender age James . I traffic cop who`s got a gob on would love pulling over a young driver in with a bandana !
The type of snack for elevenses shouldnt make any difference I got pulled while eating an apple so I should’nt worry what chuffs says about the Banana !😂😂😂👍

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I missed this back in January and as @James Vette has deleted the original image, please can anyone tell me the type of plate that everyone is saying is illegal? :unsure:
UKGov allow 12” x 6” plates for imported US cars but there are detailed requirements for letter size and spacing. Plates that look American with additional wording usually require the reg letters or spacing to be smaller than specified. This would make them illegal. Old style black/white or silver plates do not require BS code and plate makers details as required in white/yellow modern plates.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Black/silver plates look very correct on a chrome bumper C3, I’m on the fence with the later C3’s tho. Saw some on a 78 or 79 a couple of weeks ago, not sure if I liked them or not.

Roscobbc

UKGov allow 12” x 6” plates for imported US cars but there are detailed requirements for letter size and spacing. Plates that look American with additional wording usually require the reg letters or spacing to be smaller than specified. This would make them illegal. Old style black/white or silver plates do not require BS code and plate makers details as required in white/yellow modern plates.

Roscobbc

If using 12 x 6 US sized plates you are allowed to use the slightly smaller motorbike sized lettering. Spacing and font must still be as per UK regs. Looks better balanced with smaller font.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
If you want to use a plate frame, you would need slightly smaller letters as the frame will cover them. I do usually use plate frames, but forgot to tell them and when they arrived I couldn’t be bothered to order another set. When I put them on as is, I thought they looked OK.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I have black and silver 12x6 plates on at the moment but I had intended to put on a set from statesplates. I’m undecided now though as these have grown on me…🤔View attachment 15900View attachment 15901
I like your States Plates. You can research online how many drivers are fined for illegal plates. I imagine most fines relate to dodgy spacing and other tricks to spell names. You may get away with these with any luck. Are you feeling lucky?