Only C3 Pictures for your delectation

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Some may be pleased to hear that im just about 'all out' of suitable material (plenty unsuitable).
Made it to four pages without getting deleted or locked down.
corvette_girl_driving_001.jpg
Remember to clean inside your doors..
getting out.jpg
One for James..
kimberly_ann_prince_corvette.jpg
If you add images please (you know what im going to say).. Keep it Klassy!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I took the groom to his wedding in a C4 convertible once, glorious day, top down. A friend used my 65 to do the same thing a couple of times.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I used my 1968 C3 as my wedding car :)
(I would put a photo up, but don't appear to have any on this laptop)
It turns out I lied, I found this humourous photo of us. We had just arrived at the reception, and had our guests gathered outside to meet us - we shot them all with Nerf guns. :D (and yes, mother in law was my first aim :ROFLMAO: )

* Deliberately parked badly as white car shouldn't have been parked there on the day, to allow wife with wedding dress on to get out fine and Vette doors to open fully. Thus I'm up close to the blue car.

IMG-20190611-WA0011.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Cant be the easiest car to get out of wearing a Wedding Dress.. (i shall have to try it some day).. and with Sidepipes!.. thats really brave.

My sidepipes have the "standard" covers over them. So they aren't that hot really (except for the actual tips). The downside though is that some people think "Owww... step bars to help me climb in" (aka like high up 4x4s) :rolleyes: :eek:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
That’s always been the problem of side pipes, children have always stood on them at car shows.
You know, I'd not even considered that at car shows. It would be just my luck though - one of my last car shows pre-covid was with a club. I parked my car up in a nice big space at the club stand, chatted with the team, then wandered off around the event to look at other stuff. Whilst away, the club decided to reshuffle the stand and someone ended up parking next to me leaving not much space. More than a carpark space, but still too close considering we're at a show. Anyway, I came back to find a perfectly straight scratch mark going all along the passenger side. I can only assume it was some moron show visitor that decided to push their pram / buggy between the cars to look at them, but not noticing the scratch. I asked the club people and they didn't see anyone do it. Thankfully a bit of scratch and swirl remover managed to get the scratch out as it wasn't that deep.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s very true, not done on purpose, just carelessness. Another is people leaning over or into the car with belt buckles damaging/scratching the paintwork. Again not on purpose .

Roscobbc

There is a 'mindset' from some visitors to cars shows (probably more accurate to say 'events where classic cars are shown' rather specific shows) who do not particularly care about damaging vehicles.
Their logic will be "I've paid all this money for myself, the missus and the kids, I want to get my moneysworth - scratching the cars is not my problem - people shouldn't bring their cars if they don't want them scratched".
Needless to say, these are the same people who will get in the cars and put their kids in the cars without asking permission and get the AH when 'remonstrated' with. For these people its an alternative to paid rides at funfairs etc.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
There is a 'mindset' from some visitors to cars shows (probably more accurate to say 'events where classic cars are shown' rather specific shows) who do not particularly care about damaging vehicles.
Their logic will be "I've paid all this money for myself, the missus and the kids, I want to get my moneysworth - scratching the cars is not my problem - people shouldn't bring their cars if they don't want them scratched".
Needless to say, these are the same people who will get in the cars and put their kids in the cars without asking permission and get the AH when 'remonstrated' with. For these people its an alternative to paid rides at funfairs etc.

Exactly correct. I wonder if these people think the exhibitors get a cut of the entrance money where in reality we have usually paid to be there ourselves.. but that would require them to actually think so thats unlikely.