Potential new C6 owner

mossless

New user
Afternoon everyone, after looking for a C5 manual for a while, but I ended up putting a deposit on a C6. Going to look at it tomorrow, does anyone know this car?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240413_203821_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240413_203821_eBay.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 32

mossless

New user
I just did a check on the UAE MOI site and like I expected its been involved with a few accidents one where the whole car is listed as damaged. Some pictures but they aren't very clear. Anyone looking into a UAE import the site is free to use and I suggest it.

Roscobbc

Unfortunately EBay has become a major 'enclave' for a number of dodgy sellers with even dodgier vehicles. Simply follow the progress of several of the C6's and C7's for sale........relatively low mileage, seemingly immaculate condition at competitive, even cheap prices........and how long do they 'sit' for.....?
Often flood damaged salvage and probably still not really cheap enough to potentially cover the financial 'hit' you'll get when looking to sell later......eBay are fully aware these cars are being misrepresented and 100% complicit in allowing the sellers to continue......

BigVet

Supporting vendor
Follow the two Golden Rules, firstly, unless a UK car from new, Carfax, Carfax, Carfax. All you have to do is type Carfax EU in and go from there, don't follow the USA route. CarfaxEU has 100% all the information that America has, but also Poland and I believe even Lithuania, plus many other EU countries. I mention Poland and Lithuania as there a quite a few late Corvettes now in the UK that arrived from there, C6 and C7 especially. Secondly, if you find a Corvette listed here for many thousands less than all the others, ask yourself why?

Dromey Corvettes.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
From reading various posts on cars advertised on eBay especially, there certainly seems some “dodgy “ C6 and C7’s about. Quite frightening for prospective buyers. With the popularity of these models in the Arab world one really has to have his wits about him nowadays

Roscobbc

When you see a certain metallic orange early year rather nice looking C7 with low mileage advertised for many, many months and comments on other media re. it being a flood damaged vehicle (with no mention of the fact in the advert) you realise why it is being sold by supposed 'private' seller. I believe it is obligatory on most selling 'platforms' to declare a vehicles CAT status if a trade seller? - and the one mentioned is just one vehicle......there are seemingly quite a few others.